Catsue22 v LloydsTSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've been using this site now for a few months, and have found it invaluable. I have followed all the steps and on 4th Jan 07 sent a reminder letter stating that if no response within 14 days I would proceed to the court stage. As expected there was no response and I sent my forms and cheque to the court on 29th Jan. This morning I received the notice of issue, and the claim was issued on 1st Feb and sent to LTSB 1st class post same day. It will be deemed served to the bank on 5th Feb and they have until 19th Feb to respond.

That is all fine and as expected - however this morning I also received a letter from the bank - dated 30th Jan but postmarked 2nd Feb, oddly enough - telling me that while they do not agree with me or admit liability, they are crediting my account with £660 in the next few days and waiving further costs due to be debited on 9th Feb as a goodwill gesture because 'we might face that cost in dealing with your complaint if you took it any further' and referring me to the ombudsman if i am unhappy with this.

Clearly I will be seeking the full amount - but my question is this - what action do I take regarding this money being credited to my account. Having researched the site, my feeling is that I need to write to LTSB saying that I accept this amount, however will continue to seek the full amount through the court, now including interest charges, and also send a copy of this to the court.

Any advice on this would be great - I want to get it right first time

Hi catsue22 basically the bank failed to respond within the time frame that was quite clearly seen in your lba, the money you have had paid into your account you can deduct from your schedule of charges (newest ones as the older ones will generate more interest, this is purely in case the bank defend the interest that you will claim for the £600 they have paid you, cover all angles) take a new schedule of charges to the court if the bank dont pay before your hearing and calculate your total minus the £600 which has been paid however calculate the interest ( judicial 8% ) on this and the remaining balance as you had filed at court before they paid it, explain this to the bank if they wish to avoid court then they will pay, good luck.

Thanks George.

So, just to clarify, you don't think that I should need to write to the bank or court, and just deduct the amount from the schedule of charges, which I should take with me to the hearing?

I Just want to make sure that I am doing things right. Don't want to give them any excuse to drag their feet more than they already are.