Garage keep breaking bits of my car!

curli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am posting this in the hope someone can tell me where to turn. Three weeks our car sprung a huge water leak, my husband (who is very mechanically minded) had a look and agreed with the garage that a new water pump was required. This was Saturday morning 13 Jan. They said they would get the part Monday and we would have it back Tues eve.

To cut a long story shortish at the end of that week after being fobbed off with how long it was taking it turned out they had broken a bolt and were having trouble getting the replacement. It was eventually promoised back to me at the end of last week. Last Friday my husband paid by card over the phone so I could pick it up but then they said the oil pump wasn't working when they put it back together, then they had to get one of those (nothing wrong with it when the car went to them). Then we expected it back on Tuesday and they said a piece was missing and they had to get another. They apparently got that yesterday.

I have suspected for the last week that they are not playing straight for some reason so as today I have got a hire car (they refused to get me one I am paying for this) I decided to pay them a visit.

At 11.45 I drove round the back of the garage and my husband called them on his mobile and was ssured the car was being worked on - he told them that was rubbish because I could see it and it was just sat out the back. He was told it would be on the ramp by 12.30. At 1.40pm it was still sat out the back and at 1.50pm I was assured by phone that it was being worked on ( iwas home by now), even though I said I was there 10 minutes previously, I was told it had just been put up. I drove down there (only 10 mins away) and it was still sat in the same place. My husband then phoned and was told it would be put on a ramp as soon as one was free.

We paid last Friday by card when we expected to get the car, they have not charged for the "extra" work, but it has caused huge stress, cost and inconvenience for the last three weeks - can I report them to any one or is there ANYTHING I can do. If we don't gte it back today I think we have to pay another garage to recover it and fix it. It is a large , independant MOT centre.

I am back down there in half an hour to see if they are working on it.

Any ideas - anyone?

Thank you

Sharon

Get it out of the hands of these clowns.

If you can afford it do as you already suggested......Have it recovered a taken to another garage making sure you have all the bits..............& before they repair it ask for a report.

Then demand your money back plus the hire costs. Contact your CCC & tell them you may be asking for your card to be re-credited under section 75 of the CCA 1974