hello

gypsumsif
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everybody.

i just joined the site this morning.

i came accross it quite by accident while enjoying a day off, but sat up when i found out what you did.

alliance and leicester have been very mean to my wife and i over the years.

im a self employed plasterer, so it is a case of famine or feast for me.

there is always money going in my account, but if it is one day late, they will charge for any dd's or so's. even if we are only a couple of pence short. espcially the beginning of the month, we've had 10 bank charges in a week before now! it would be cheaper for them to phone us, and let us know what is happening. rather than keeping quiet untill they bled us dry again.

my wife reckons they must have taken about 3.5 to 4 grand from us in bank chages (that i belived to be legal, if a little unfair). she thinks it could be too much hassle to go through all the rigmorole, but some of the forums ive flicked through seem to of started with.... "its to much hassle", then 12 pages later.... big congrats and woo hoo's.

im going to read through the proccess to make sure ive got a basic grasp of it, im no solicitor!

im of the mind, that it isnt about getting money back, but rather, its better in my pocket than in yours. and you arent allowed to do this to people (ooh, i can feel the power surging).

i'll keep you posted.

and, yes, if i do it and win, i will gladly donate toward the site. sites like this are great for helping out the common man.

power to the people!!

Hi

I joined just recently after our mistake caused us to go a very small amount over the overdraft limit - next thing I know have 3 x £34 charges and although I could transfer the money from another bank it takes days while in limbo and then they are earning interest,so having been a customer for over 15 years Iasked for an immediate increase in overdraft - and although we are lucky enough to both be on good incomes they refused- mentioning a credit report. THIS WAS RUBBISH

as i have checked and as I knew we had a good credit score.So then I remembered all the times this had happened before and I had just let it go.I a have sent my request for details of charges using the letter in the libary - but should have sent it recorded so could start the 40 day count down. Spend a lot of time reading the threads as they are invaluable to get you prepared for the next two stages that could happen quickly.:rolleyes:

Best of luck

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Welcome - def do it! I have just this morning recieved my cheque! Its an AMAZING feeling, not just the cash but to actually take my bank to court & have them settle lol - power to the people!!!

Good Luck, there are people here for advice & support every step of the way xxx

thanks for the support people.

im a bit worried about the fact that A&L are now closing accounts as soon as you start proceedings against them. ive got a couple of other accounts with other banks, so i'll start getting them in order, then get the ball moving on A&L.:)

tnx peeps