marksteps v Halifax - SETTLED IN FULL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I handed my paperwork into the courts and the time lapsed yesterday. Upon calling them today there had been no reply from the bank.(They sent me a letter saying i had alreday claimed money back last year and that that was in full and final settlement, but i never agreed/sighned anything of the sort)So i am to send in the Minute for Decree.

They will get back to me to say what my options are for getting my money, The man said something about Sherriff Officers. Is that like Bailliffs??

However, i took a loan out earlier this month and the money was to be in the account on the Monday but it was late in going in. As a result 2 things came out the bank, and i went OD - i have been charged almost £90. Should i call and ask for it? Or should i start a new claim when i get my money back for this one? Or am i just being damn rude and cheeky.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rude and Cheeky, don't think so. It's your cash, get it back. Try phoning them first, if no joy start the process again. The Sheriff's Officers will get your cash for you.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...

Having just had a letter through the post for my OH it basically tells me that since the Bank failed to respond to the notice put to them to cough up, they have sent a list of Sheriff Officers in the Edinburgh area. I have read the leaflet given and it says there is a fee for this, but fails to tell me. Does anyone know the fee?

Furthermore, what exactly do i need to do. Im going to go and see one on Friday after work. But what exactly do they do? Is it basically like sending in Baillifs? Have i definately won now and will i get the money back?

From the leaflet " A fee is payable at each stage of the enforcement process, is chargeable to the debtor and is recovered out of teh successful enforcement"

Does that mean say they charge £10 per enforcement process and it takes 5 attempts they take £50 out of the money returned to me. So if i was seeking £150 i would actually get £100?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank-you

PS I orginally went through the small claims with this. Do we use a different term now that officers will be involved (ie summary cause) and can i be liable for costs if something goes wrong?

So you won by default, was the letter you got from the court a warrant of extraction which you have forwarded to the bank?

From what i was told by the court, the bank have been ordered to pay, if they do not pay within a certain time you can get sheriff officers to get your cash for you. Any fees are charged to the bank, you do not pay anything.

Does that help at all?

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks