Craig vs BoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the 40 days expire on Sunday. They have tomorrow to deliver my statements.

I posted this (recorded delivery) on the 6th March;

Dear Sir/Madam

I have placed a Subject Access Request upon yourselves on the 6th February 2007 which has been confirmed delivered and signed for by Royal Mail. I wish to remind you that the expiry of the 40 day compliance period will be the 18th March 2007. If I do not received a complete list of charges by this date I shall lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner and seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours Sincerely

Any quick-fix recomended courses of action when they don't arrive (not very hopefull!)?

Craig

I had to wait until the 37th day before I rewceived my 6 years worth of statements. Prelim letter sent yesterday, they now have 14 days to respond to my request for MY £1343 which they have illegaly taken from me!!

Stick with it!! Good luck!!

Received statements back to May 2004 today (they made a point of re-arranging them into a completely random order, how amusing:razz: ).

I am missing March 2001 to May 2004. What should I do as i'm keen to continue with the initial letter?

Craig

Give them a ring in the morning. See if they will send them, if not there is a letter in the templates.

I love your little dude. He made me laugh...:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Give them a ring in the morning. See if they will send them, if not there is a letter in the templates.

I love your little dude. He made me laugh...:D

The statements they have supplied contain just over £1200 in charges - I think i'll use that as an initial claim to get things going as don't want to put too big a claim in due to the Scottish court system.

That is me in the pic, yes i'm looking a bit ropey at the mo!

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my Prelim on the 16th March to BoS

I have just received a standard letter from BoS (Thank you for your recent complaint.... - they start by thanking me for compliaining! - I find this statement by itself mildly amusing:roll:!)

They state they are allowed 8 weeks to investigate, Can I just wait till the end of the 14 days (Friday) as per prelim letter then launch the LBA or what should I do?

Craig

Stick with it, I have also received the letter stating 8 weeks, etc. Their first 14 days is over tomorrow and I have just printed off my LBA ready for the post tomorrow night!!! Roll on the 11th April, then its off to Court if they haven't given me my money back by then.

Stick with it, I have also received the letter stating 8 weeks, etc. Their first 14 days is over tomorrow and I have just printed off my LBA ready for the post tomorrow night!!! Roll on the 11th April, then its off to Court if they haven't given me my money back by then.

Good luck Corsicanpine.

Did your letter also start with 'Thank you for your complaint'?

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Have just went to check the Royal Mail recorded reference to make sure it has been delivered and it looks like my Letter Before Action has got lost in the post?

I will try and get a contact number for HBOS so I can FAX it through?

So annoying. Did I read somewhere that once a letter is posted it can be legally assumed to be delivered? If that is the case, should I leave the letter at its original date and re-send Special Delivery (30 March)?

Any thoughts please???:confused:

my first letter of action went missing, even though I sent it to be signed for it wasn't on the royal mail site and the bank said they hadn't had it when I rang, so I sent another copy of the same letter and wrote on the top this is a copy of a letter sent on the previous date. I gave them another fortnight to comply cos I'm nice like that.

HTH

Cayh

Hi,

Does anybody know if the only way the bank will accept communication is by letter.

I have just sent a list of charges and my letter requesting them back today by fax. I have already sent a letter reclaiming some of my charges but as I made a mistake in my calculations I have resent my original request with the new charges this time. I'm not bothered if I have to wait longer because they will treat this as a new request but I am concerened that they are part way through pocessing my original request. Will this have any effect on my new claim. Can I request they stop dealing with my old claim and only deal with this one.

Brgds

Skint