In Court with the Clydesdale Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if maybe anyone has a definative answer to this one. I claimed CB and went through first letter then LBA and got usual fob off.

I then put in small claim for 490 plus int of 120 and 39 costs. I then got a letter and cheque from Neil McKirdy for 550. The letter was dated 1 week before the claim went in but i received it 1 week after the claim. Suspicious huh.

letter stated encashment of cheque was full and final settlement. I wrote back saying i would accept the cheque as part payment and that as a small claim had been raised then i would expect the balance to be paid.

I did cash the cheque following my letter.

I received a further letter saying that as i had cashed the cheque then i had accepted their terms and that I had effectively barred any further action in court.

I decided to test this at the hearing as they had decided to defend. They brought in local solicitor and their defence was usual charges are fair and representative of cost etc and also stated that I was barred from proceeding as i had accepted and cashed cheque.

The sheriff did appear to agree with this view and strongly suggested i take legal advice before appearing at the continuation in a couple of weeks.

What is the view as i have seen numerous different points relating to this in the threads over the last few months. I am quite prepared to test both the unfair charges defence and the full and final settlement defence statements in court if you people out there think it is worth getting involved.

Lloyds TSB £395 Decree awarded against TSB

HBOS £750 setted in full

IF £750 Small Claim filed 26/10 - won unconditionally

Barclaycard £110 + Data Protection Act Non compliance Information Commissioners Office complaint. Small Claim filed 12/10 - Won unconditionally

HBOS2 £750 small claim settled in full

MSDW £115 Settled- accepted Full amount unconditionally

HBOS3 £750 Settled in full

HBOS4 £750 Small claim filed for return 15/1/07 No defence filed Decree issued by court

Clydesdale Bank Credit Card £496 small Claim filed 25/10 Court hearing 19/1/07 - continued for 2 weeks

Mrs Claimital's M&S Card £60 LBA sent 12.10 - Full refund & interest accepted by Mrs Claimitall