Me V hsbc (£1700) - SETTLED IN FULL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's no need to sign a confidentiality unless they are going to pay you for the privilege.

Just cross it out on the form.....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

so if you cross it out do they still refund the money owed?

Yes they do. I crossed it out and sent it off and two days letter a letter arrived from DG Solicitors saying that the money will be refunded in the next week.

Claim against HSBC for £1379.41 (incl overdraft interest charged and 8% interest)

Data Protection Act request delivered 10/03/06

Statements received 06/04/06 (for free)

Initial repayment request delivered 18/04/06

Poke it letter received 27/08/06

Letter Before Action delivered 04/05/06

Offer of £927.50 (all charges but not interest) received 18/05/06

Unconditional acceptance and Final Letter Before Action (me being generous) delivered 30/05/06

Poke it on all counts letter received 07/06/06

Court Claim Submitted 11/06/06 (claim number 6QZ37645)

Acknowledged 15/06/06

Full offer made for £1499.41 and accepted 20/06/06

By the way

CONGRATULATIONS:D

Claim against HSBC for £1379.41 (incl overdraft interest charged and 8% interest)

Data Protection Act request delivered 10/03/06

Statements received 06/04/06 (for free)

Initial repayment request delivered 18/04/06

Poke it letter received 27/08/06

Letter Before Action delivered 04/05/06

Offer of £927.50 (all charges but not interest) received 18/05/06

Unconditional acceptance and Final Letter Before Action (me being generous) delivered 30/05/06

Poke it on all counts letter received 07/06/06

Court Claim Submitted 11/06/06 (claim number 6QZ37645)

Acknowledged 15/06/06

Full offer made for £1499.41 and accepted 20/06/06

CONGRATULATIONS

This is great news, well done.

Would you please fill out our survey - Bank Charges Refund Survey

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

whoopwhoop! the money's in my bank!

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Donation made by paypal... but I wonder how I cancel the old MCOL thingy - anyone know? Do I have to ring? I can't find the 'what to do when settled' thread!!

:-DThank you all for running such a fantsatic forum, keep up the good wotk

:-D

Congratulations on your settlement, would you mind if I asked how long it took from accepting the offer to actually recieving the money as I have been waiting nearly two weeks since accepting their offer?:confused:

....but I wonder how I cancel the old MCOL thingy - anyone know? Do I have to ring? I can't find the 'what to do when settled' thread!!

Just a quick letter to the address on the forms.... I wish to withdraw my claim ref: XXXXXX as the defendant has settled in full.

Yes they do. I crossed it out and sent it off and two days letter a letter arrived from DG Solicitors saying that the money will be refunded in the next week.

Congrats to you both. Fingers crossed for me! Not hijacking, just a question that you could help with as nobody answered my thread! I used the spreadsheet by Vampiress. On HSBC statements (as you know), they put the charge and then the interest amount either just above or below it. I am assuming this is the interest you enter on the spreadsheet. I would be grateful if you could confirm so I have done it correctly! Thank you!:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Cornucopia,

the intereston the statement is different from the interest on the spreadhseet... the spreadsheet is used to calculate interest earned on the charges that would have otherwise been in your account - when you put in the date they took the charge on the spreadsheet it calculates how much interest was earbned on that ampunt per day since that day.

The interest on your statements is what they cahrge you for being overdrawn - you can only claim this back if you were overdrawn as a direct result of the charges being taken from your account. I didn't bother calculating this for my claimn cos it is very fiddly & doesnt amount to very much.

good luck:O)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks