Settlement offer RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone dealing with claims against RBS

Have received an offer from bank via Cobbetts for £2000.00 full amount requested is actually £3724.38 (excluding interest or any costs) thinking of sending refusal letter to Cobbetts but unsure as to whether perhaps accept part of the claim or just flatly refuse the offer and wait until the hearing date looms. I NEED ADVICE! Also Cobbetts have requested THEIR costs for £775.00!!! Will I have to pay this no matter what the outcome?

:confused:

Hi Stef.

Do you want spam or steak? Perhaps you're veggie.

Do you want dry bread or do you want the butter and jam to put on it as well?

If you would prefer the lot, then go for it.

Click on this link for refusal of offer letter....

This tells them that you accept the offer as part payment only and that you will pursue the balance in court.

Regarding their costs, if the claim is below £5000 as yours is, it will go into the small-claims court, which means that you DON't pay the other party's costs. In fact you can add the cost of bringing the action to your total and claim it back.

Cobbetts know this. It shows that they are getting desperate to settle by the fact that they are trying to intimidate you into accepting a lower offer.

Hang on, you're nearly there. You'll get THE LOT! :D :D :D

Good luck (you won't need luck).

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 2

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

How did you guess I am a veggie?:shock:

Anywho thanks very much for your swift and helpful reply. I realise the bank are trying to get us quivering in our shoes with all of this and at times it feels as though they have succeeded! Hearing other peoples advise and guidance has really helped and I suppose I should hang in there and stick it out for the whole amount.

Cobbetts will be getting a reply this week and I will update the forum.

:)

How did you guess I am a veggie?:shock:

You've spilt some of your nut cutlet down your front. :D :D :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi to everyone dealing with claims against RBS

Have received an offer from bank via Cobbetts for £2000.00 full amount requested is actually £3724.38 (excluding interest or any costs) thinking of sending refusal letter to Cobbetts but unsure as to whether perhaps accept part of the claim or just flatly refuse the offer and wait until the hearing date looms. I NEED ADVICE! Also Cobbetts have requested THEIR costs for £775.00!!! Will I have to pay this no matter what the outcome?

:confused:

I'd love to see their letter asking for costs. Please would you pm me about it and maybe you could arrange to let me have a scan of it

Sorry but I do not have the facility for scanning! But I can copy the text down if you like... Quite relieved to know that I am not liable for their costs, perhaps another intimidation tactic?

:)