Me vs GE Money car finance

Andy999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been reading this site for a while (I actually work for a bank, and yes the site admins do know). Because of working for the bank I've never had any charges on my account/credit card (simply because it's so easy to keep track of money, being in the bank every day, not because I'm perfect).

I do, however, also have a car loan with GE Money (taking that out was the most stupid thing I ever did). I know I've paid quite a lot in charges to them so my New Years Resolution is to get my money back. I estimate it will be about £200 that they owe me.

I've typed up my SAR and am ready to send it off tomorrow when the Post Office is open again. But I wondered if anyone here had claimed against GE Money and whether they'd had any sucess or otherwise? I've found some GE threads but they mostly relate to store cards.

Any advice?

Well, mine was GE Money relating to computer finance, but it was only £80, and they paid up without me having to issue a court claim. It is difficult to say, though, because they have so many fingers in so many pies, having bought so many different companies, you can't be sure who'll be handling what. But for me, the (Byte Computers) one was straightforward.

I too have had dealings with GE Money. We got new windows in our house through them, but are behind with payments. I wrote them a letter template which I found on National Debt Helpline asking them to suspend payments and interest for 6 months on 4th Dec however I have not heard anything from them at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Andy, I am just in the process of sending my pre lim letter to GE Capitol woodchester(i think this is the same company). This too was for car finance, but i have the statements from the start to end of the agreement and also ( thank you GE) a charge statement account listing every charge they made against me dd unpaid,late payments etc.. Comes to £264.I am posting letter tomorrow so i will let u know what happens.Good luck!!

I sent a sar out to them before Christmas. Got a phone call last week to say they didn't recognise the account numbers, and were sending to another department. Going to hold them to the 40 days (with a wee allowance for Christmas and New Year holidays) then report them.

From reading the threads, they are such a complex organisation they lose track of which account fits where (mine was originally First National Bank). I think that's their problem not mine, and they still have to comply with data protection laws.

My loan was for double glazing.

Good luck, watching your progress with interest.

Caz