imported stock held in warehouse - stock was stolen - who do i sue or claim against - owner is shirking all responsibility

Juno50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Perhaps you ought to check what the T&Cs of your agreement with your import agent say?  And ask your agent what he arranged on your behalf with the warehouse?

Depending on whether you're a business and on the value of the stock, you might want to seek paid for professional legal advice.  If you are a business you are basically free to agree to whatever contractual terms you like, and you are expected to be capable of looking after your own interests. You don't have the benefit of consumer law to protect you.

• I agree 1

So this WAS a business transaction and you are not a consumer?

If you are "in business" I'd suggest you seek legal advice - depending on the value of the loss, of course.

Otherwise you need to examine the T&Cs of both your agreement with your agent and his agreement with the warehouse...

[Edit - just for illustration, this is the definition of "consumer" in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (legislation.gov.uk)

“Consumer” means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession ]

Edited by Manxman in exile