Concierge desk lost Yodel parcel (free gift sent by Google Promotions)

VGTom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like Yodel have:

-- A photo, albeit blurry, of the concierge desk, a photo whoch presumably contains metadata showing what time it was taken

-- 'Delivery status' of some sort on their website saying when it was delivered

-- an email they sent you saying it had been delivered

And all those things show more or less the same time? And the concierge desk aren't saying whether they received it or not. Seems they just don't know, not that they expressly say they didn't receive it

I assume that the photo, although blurry, is clearly the concierge desk in your apartment building? Are any of the concierge desk staff shown in the photo?

That would be quite strong evidence in court that Yodel did deliver it to the concierge desk. Of course it's possible the delivery driver stole it and neither package in the photo is yours but I'm not sure how you could go about proving that.

Yodel are appointed by and delivering for google but on the face of it they have delivered it and you have no claim against either of them.

I'm not a lawyer but I think you would struggle in court to show that they should have brought it to your apartment and not left it at the concierge desk. It's common for concierge desks to receive parcels for residents and it sounds as if that is the well established system where you live. The concierge desk receives it on your behalf. In law as your agent. I assume that in the delivery instructions you did not say 'Do not leave at Concierge Desk'.

The only option that leaves you with is suing the concierge desk. Not actually the desk staff but whoever it is that employs them. The Managing Agents? You'll have to research that. You would use the information from Yodel that I listed above as your evidence that they received it on your behalf and they have lost it. As it was a free gift the value of your claim would be whatever it would cost you to replace it.

Hard to say how strong your case would be if it went to court. The concierge defence would likely that the photos show no details of who the packages were addressed to and so there is no evidence either of them were for you. It would be up to the judge who they believed.

• Like 1

One further thought. If the concierge desk never logged it into their system another possibility is that someone passing the desk just after the courier left them on the desk picked them up and walked out with them. ie they were stolen by someone unknown.  That would still be the concerge's responsibility though; they would be negligent in not putting them somewhere secure immediately.

So you could also ask to see any CCTV around the time the package was delivered. Does it show the concierge staff putting the packages somewhere safe?

And if only one of the two packages in the photo was yours then has anyone else complained that a package delivered to the concierge desk that day has gone missing?

• dx100uk changed the title to Concierge desk lost Yodel parcel (free gift sent by Google Promotions)