DLA for 2yrs old refused (heart condition) + My Benefits and borrowing - help with both please

peakson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agree with dx that it is always best to get help with DLA claims, as the explanation of health issues needs to align with the descriptors required for the benefit awards to be successful.

From what I have read, more than half of appeals made are successful.  If you appeal, you need to raise this within one month of the decision and then you have further time allowed to submit evidence.  Recommend thar you contact benefit advice services and they will guide you on how to go about appealing the decision.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to DLA for 2yrs old refused (heart condition) + Benefits and borrowing - help with both please

If someone loaned or gifted you an amount which took you over the savings limit for a benefit, then having the money available will need to be reported.  But each benefit has different rules.

For example for Universal Credit, if you had any money or savings of £6000 or more on the last day of a monthly assessment period, you would need to report this.  

What benefits are being claimed ?

If the amounts are smaller and don't take you over the benefit savings  limit, friends/relatives lending you amounts, does not count as income.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As you already know your finances are not sustainable and you may have already obtained advice, but it is worth doing so again. Useful link below.

To be receiving the benefits you mention and still struggling so much, indicates there may be help you are not getting. It may be worth you talking to local advice services about your situation.

WWW.MONEYHELPER.ORG.UK

MoneyHelper: free and impartial help with money and pensions. Formerly Money Advice Service, The Pension Advisory Service and...

• dx100uk changed the title to DLA for 2yrs old refused (heart condition) + My Benefits and borrowing - help with both please

UC has a disabled Child amount, but if you want this backdated to date of DLA claim then you would need to ask in your journal for a decision maker to consider this backdating.

In regard to PIP don't think this is stopped until new assessment outcome is decided.

Be careful with asking for new PIP assessments earlier. Get advice from benefit advice charity first before you make the request.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So yes Carers Allowance needs to be informed first, so they can cancel this.  Then ask about reinstatement of SDP.   I think amount related to SDP is only allowed on initial transfer to UC. If it is removed, it cannot be reinstated, but it is worth asking.

• Thanks 1