@parcel2go/EVRi lost laptop /what to do after beyond RESOLVER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was returning a brand new laptop to Amazon through P2G.

The tracking said it was picked up from the local shop but never got to the warehouse.

I have told the police (not interested) and taken this up with Resolver.

I am now ready to take this to a small court.

Do I just use the downloaded case file from Resolver for the court and pay the 70 pounds fee?

Can I do this without a lawyer? 

I have read lots of very similar cases on this forum and I know that P2G/EVRi come to an arrangement before going to court.

I am willing to take it all the way though, I want justice.

• Ethel Street changed the title to @parcel2go/EVRi lost laptop /what to do after beyond RESOLVER

Forget that you were with resolver and begin here from 0 .

That means that you should tell us exactly what has happened and when it has happened .

Was the item properly declared ?

Did you take the so-called insurance ?

You have been refused to reimbursement- on what grounds ?

Also, make sure that you have done lots of reading on the sub forum and follow the EVRi link to discover everything about the principles involved.

Finally, please can you post your stories well spaced and punctuated .

An unbroken block of text is extremely difficult for people to follow, especially on a small screen such as a telephone.

Good Morning , 

After nearly a week of no reply from my last message, i found the email of the CEO of Evri and sent this email hoping for a reply .

Dear Mr .......

I am writing to you as the gentleman in charge of the company, i do understand  you are very busy but so far i have had no update and would appreciate if you or a colleague could help with my situation as its causing me great distress and worry especially concerning my important ID which has disappeared whilst in your company's care and could potentially create some serious consequences of identity fraud i feel .

Please take the few minutes needed to read my correspondence that I have had with your company below and I would appreciate some help or an intensive investigation into why my parcel was so called, asked to be returned to sender then disappeared although according to tracking is at the local depot waiting to be sent.

As you can see from my correspondence, I have also contacted the fraud squad but have advised me ,i need the applicable contact numbers and the name of the courier so they can follow up on what may be potential identity fraud by one of your staff.

I look forward to your early reply .

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Thank you.

But I'm afraid that this doesn't really tell us anything and certainly doesn't address the questions I asked in my post above.

Good Morning ,

Thanks for the reply ,

I understand that you mean the following questions .

Was the item properly declared ?

I wrote personnel items as these where all my goods for my personnel use .

Did you take the so-called insurance ?

I attempted too, but was advised to check on their terms and conditions and informed that all my particular goods would not be covered in the event of loss or damage so pointless in extra insurance anyway  

You have been refused to reimbursement- on what grounds ?

They will not reimburse any goods lost or damaged and I as I had not taken out any extra insurance cover so the maximum will be 20.00p, which as i mentioned above would not have been valid anyway due to the items not being covered by their terms and conditions as below 

Excluded from compensation

• Cameras, lenses, spectacles and optical equipment such as telescopes or binoculars
  • Glass items or fragile items that contain glass parts including kitchen appliances
  • Kitchen appliances such as white goods, electronic equipment with fragile/glass parts
  • Laptops and computers
  • TVs and monitors
  • Lighting equipment such as vehicle lights and light bulbs
  • Internal damage of appliances, mechanical items or electronics is excluded from compensation
Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

You haven't addressed the question as to when this happened and the time scales

Also some information as to the value of the parcel and the declared value would be very helpful.

Also you haven't told us the value of the items .

Also, do you have it in writing from them that you should not get insured.

Did you give them a full list of the items that you are claiming reimbursement for?If so, please can you post it up here in PDF format

Here are the Case Details from Resolver

Company: Parcel2Go

Service: Parcel delivery and collection

Reference: P2G*****

Date Raised: 16th March 2021 at 10:56

Parcel reference number: P2G*****

When it happened: December 30th, 2020

Where it happened: my address

What happened: I wanted to return a brand new laptop to Amazon. I paid Parcel2go the fee of 25.26

GBP which stated it included standard parcel cover. The due date was the 12th January 2021.

I dropped off the parcel at the *** local shop in *** on the 29th December 2020, clearly stating it was a brand new laptop worth 650 pounds and having put labels on the outside and inside of the box. The parcel was collected by a courier from EVRi (now Evri), but the parcel NEVER ARRIVED at the depot (Slough Trading Estate - B2C Europe (UK) 216/217 Bedford Avenue, Slough SL1 4RY) according to the tracking number provided (080*****).

I opened an enquiry with parcel2go, which was then changed to a claim. The outcome is that they have offered me 25 pounds back, which I have not accepted. I have now sent a complaints letter to parcel2go but in avail and put a police report in to the Thames police department against theft from the courier. They are taking no further action either.

What I want:
I want either the computer returned to me or a full refund of the value of the computer (650 pounds) plus the postage 25 pounds and 26 pence.

Timeline

Day 1 - 16/03/21

email sent 11:03 GMT:

"Package not delivered"

email received 16:03 GMT:

"Case Contact | Parcel2Go P2G*** | Parcel2G..."

email sent 23:03 GMT:

"RE: Case Contact | Parcel2Go P2G*** | Parc..."

Day 15 - 30/03/21

email sent 09:03 GMT:

"Case Contact | Parcel2Go P2G*** | Parcel2G..."

EMAIL
sent on 16/03/21 at 11:03 GMT

attachments:

42***-Parcel2Go.com_Order_Confirmation.pdf

42***-shop-receipt-front.jpeg 

42***-police-report-outcome.pdf 

42***-letter_of_complaint_in_breach_of_contract.pdf 

42***-email-answer-to-complaint.jpeg 

42***-Invoice.pdf 

42***-parcel-2-go-tracking.png 

Package not delivered

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Parcel delivery and collection

The issue that I have experienced was: I wanted to return a brandnew laptop to Amazon. I paid Parcel2go the fee of 25.26 GBP which stated it included standard parcel cover. The due date was the 12th January 2021.

I dropped off the parcel at the “*** local” shop in *** on the 29th December 2020, clearly stating it was a brand new laptop worth 650 pounds and having put labels on the outside and inside of the box. The parcel was collected by a courier from EVRi (now Evri), but the parcel NEVER ARRIVED at the depot (Slough Trading Estate - B2C Europe (UK) 216/217 Bedford Avenue, Slough SL1 4RY) according to the tracking number provided (0***). I suspect theft from the courier. I opened an enquiry with parcel2go, which was then changed to a claim. The outcome is that they have offered me 25 pounds back, which I have not accepted as it is less than the postage fee I paid. I have now sent a complaints letter to parcel2go but in avail and put a police report in to the Thames police department against theft from the courier. They are taking no further action either.

The email address used by Amazon returns is ***
The email address used for the order with Parcel2go: ***

It occurred on: 30/12/2020

This meant that I am extremely upset about this. I spend all my days off writing to parcel2go, trying to contact EVRi etc. but I feel that even though it is obviously theft, nothing is being done about this. I have not slept because of the worry and frustration caused by the lack of support offered by anyone.

I want either the computer returned to me or a full refund of the value of the computer (650 pounds) plus the postage 25 pounds and 26 pence.

I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply to this email address ***.

Yours faithfully,

EMAIL received from P2G on 16/03/21 at 16:03 GMT

Case Contact | Parcel2Go P2G*** | Parcel2Go.com Case ID:*** : RE: Package not delivered
Ref: P2G***

Good Afternoon.

Thank you for your email. Whilst I can understand completely that this is upsetting for you, we are unable to compensate you for the loss of these items as the parcel protection was purchased at the value of £25 for these items.

During booking, we strongly advise all customers to fully declare and cover their items to give added piece of mind in the rare event of loss or damage during transit. I can see that whilst you declared these items as £650.00 you opted not to protect them for the full valuation. Furthermore having declined to cover the items full value, you selected to proceed with standard protection by agreeing to our Terms & Conditions of carriage. 

We appreciate that this is frustrating and not the outcome which you would have hoped to receive, I am afraid, as a company we self certify all of our claims and would not be able to claim directly from the courier. On this occasion, we would not be able to process a claim for the value of your contents additionally to the declared protection taken. Upon correspondence from the police, we will work with them to provide them with the necessary requirements.

Once more, I am very sorry for the troubles caused. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Kindest Regards

Aaron

MY REPLY

EMAIL
sent on 16/03/21 at 23:03 GMT

RE: Case Contact | Parcel2Go P2G*** | Parcel2Go.com Case ID:*** : RE: Package not delivered

Dear Customer Services,

Thank you for your reply but parcel2go recommended that I DO NOT PAY for the additional insurance you mention, as laptops were on the list of articles not covered for extra compensation if damaged in transit. We are talking about THEFT here and not damage or even loss.

Parcel2go are in breach of contract as my delivery must have been made without undue delay and within 30 days from the point of purchase as stipulated by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I insist that you either;

1) Return the package to me
2) or provide a full refund of the price of the laptop and the postage.

Otherwise I will have to take this issue to the small claims court.

Regards,

EMAIL sent by me on 30/03/21 at 09:03 GMT

Case Contact | Parcel2Go P2G*** | Parcel2Go.com Case ID:*** : RE: Package not delivered

Dear CEO,

REF: P2G*** MY EMAIL ADDRESS

I am writing to complain about an issue with Parcel delivery and collection.

I have already raised my issue within your organisation, but I feel that my issue is still unresolved, hence my need to involve you in helping to resolve this problem.

Here is what happened: I wanted to return a brandnew laptop to Amazon. I paid Parcel2go the fee of 25.26 GBP which stated it included standard parcel cover. The due date was the 12th January 2021.

I dropped off the parcel at the “*** local” shop in *** on the 29th December 2020, clearly stating it was a brand new laptop worth 650 pounds and having put labels on the outside and inside of the box. The parcel was collected by a courier from EVRi, but the parcel NEVER ARRIVED at the depot (Slough Trading Estate - B2C Europe (UK) 216/217 Bedford Avenue, Slough SL1 4RY) according to the tracking number provided (08***). I opened an enquiry with parcel2go, which was then changed to a claim. The outcome is that they have offered me 25 pounds back, which I have not accepted. I have now sent a complaints letter to parcel2go but in avail and put a police report in to the Thames police department against theft from the courier. They are taking no further action either. This happened on December 30th, 2020

The parcel has been lost by Parcel2go - a breach of contract.

I seek damages of 650 pounds or the computer returned to me in perfectly working order, plus costs (25 pounds and 26 pence).

Please reply back via this email address, as I would like to keep all my communications in one place.

Yours sincerely,

That was the last communication with P2G. (30/03/2021)

I am now ready to take this to small court. I believe I have 6 years to do this, so hopefully the fact that this happened last year won't be an impediment.

My question is: can I just use this case file from RESOLVER?

Thank you for all of this .

l suggested at the beginning that you start at zero and not involve anything that you have done with resolver at all .

I'm a bit concerned because you will be taking this to court and at the very least to mediation you will have to start being able to tell the story on your own without resorting to documents which have been provided to you by somebody at resolver. 

Also, the people at resolver get paid. We don't. I'm afraid. We really don't have time to go through heaps of material .

We can understand the story now but you will really have to start giving us information in your own words and not too long .

Have you done the reading on this sub forum ?

I suspect that you haven't and so you need to spend at least the next couple of days reading very thoroughly to understand the principles. 

You need to understand at this point that you will have to issue a claim and that they will file a defence and that it will go to mediation .

if you stand your ground then you will get your money.

You will see how it has turned out in exactly the same way over hundreds of other cases and yours won't be any different.

But you need to be able to do it yourself and you need to be confident and you will only be confident if you have done the reading and understand the principles.

I see that this all started about 2 years ago.

Why on earth have you left it so long?

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/12/2022 at 12:18, BankFodder said:

Also some information as to the value of the parcel and the declared value would be very helpful.

Did you give them a full list of the items that you are claiming reimbursement for?If so, please can you post it up here in PDF format

On 04/12/2022 at 12:18, BankFodder said:

Morning Bank Fodder and Merry Christmas , I've uploaded the full account on PDF

of what's happened so far  and would appreciate your comments.

_Gmail - Evri email enquiry [Incident_ 221117-019651].pdf