Terminology needed for official complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd strip out any emotion. Just say what went wrong and what you want to happen. for example,

Dear ************

I am writing to raise a formal grievance.

As required by your letter of (date) re: pensions, I submitted my pension opt out form on (date) to Mr/s xxxx

This was well within the time period specified for return, which was xxx

This form was not returned to Payroll and Pensions by (name) until two months later and as a result, 3 months deductions of approximately £180 in total were paid into my deferred pension which I have ben advised by (name) are non-refundable.

Given the cost of living crisis, I can ill afford these deductions.

If payroll are able to recover these funds and return them to me, as a genuine error has been made, I would consider the matter closed.

Alternatively if this is not possible I would ask you to consider an ex gratia one off payment of £180 after tax, to put me in the position now that I would have been in, had the forms been returned in time.

I look forward to receiving your response as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Edited by Emmzzi
  • Like 5

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!