Dad's CCJ's Registered on my Credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guy's,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice.

I went for a loan with my bank the other day before I went I had a look at my credit reports (Equifax and Experian) I had a score of 999 with one and 750 with the other!!  .I was declined?!?!

I have appealed the decision, in the meantime I did some research to find out why this could have happened, I used the company checkmyfile.com, which brought up a CCJ held by equifax??

This is not on the report that I received direct from equifax??

This CCJ is registered in my parents old address which I only lived in for 2 months Jan - March 05, I contact the court who registered this and they directed me to the solicitors who arranged for this action,

I contacted the solicitors who advised me that it was Northern Rock who have issued this, I have never had anything from Northern Rock?!?!

It then dawned on me, My dad and myself share the exact same full name, he banks with Northern Rock, it's obviously his.

I explained this to the lady at the solicitors who then said, I can't talk to you about this account because of DPA, I replied, so you can confirm by D.O.B that it's not me then??

She would no longer speak to me?!?!

I rang the courts back, only to be told that in 2006 (when the CCJ was issued) legally they did not have to register D.O.B on CCJ's??

Now they do, if I want any help I will have to pay £75 to stand in front of a judge and plead my case??

I have contact equifax who have a foreign call center and did not have a clue what to do other than raise a case (which is to have someone removed from my file!!)

I then went into my local Northern Rock branch to discuss this and they couldn't help either,

I'm at a loss as to what to do, I know that someone is processing data that is inaccurate and in breach of principal 4 of the DPA but I don't know who??

Can anyone give me any advice on the next steps that I need to take to have this nightmare ended??

Thanks in advance

Hi

Email info@registry-trust.org.uk who are the organisation who are in charge of CCJs. Explain to them the situation and attach your identification for them to verify it isnt you as they are the only organisation who can deal with it.

P.S they have a very good customer service and usually you can get a reply within the hour (office times)

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀