Old schedule of inhibition

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I had an old RBS debt in 2008 that went to recovery after a debt consolidation company messed up payments. I then hid my head in the sand and it was passed to the Sheriff court. A decree was awarded in Dec 09, and a letter of inhibition applied in Feb 2010.

I never met any court officer and simply had this put through my door in 2010 whilst at work. I can’t event remember if it had any documentation with it, other than the letter from the court messenger at arms, and the solicitors debt questionnaire.

At the time, I started payments to Anderson Fyfe, which changed name to TLT around 2012. Soon after, they then moved the account to Aberdeen Considine, and I’ve maintained the same small payment ever since.

The inhibition stated that I couldn't sell my property, however I moved out in 2012 and then let it out. Life has progressed and my now wife and I own another house which Aberdeen Considine occasionally write to me at.

Fast forward to now, I need to sell my old property as the tenants are now out and its been refurbished.

The old debt is still there, albeit considerably smaller now. Furthermore, there is nothing on my credit file, which is now very healthy and has a high scoring. I’ve also remortgaged (switched deals) twice on the current property, including releasing equity for home improvements.

My concern is that the old property has virtually no equity in it, and I am worried this inhibition is still present, albeit renewed. However, since the initial legal pack was posted in early 2010, I have never heard anything more. The only thing I have had is an annual letter from Aberdeen Considine asking to review the payments. Absolutely no mention of any legal actions or the old address.

Does anyone have a view on whether the old decree or original inhibition order will still be active?

Thanks!

p.s. Will add that National Debt Line are not sure on the answer. And i've tried 20 times in two days to call Aberdeen Considine with no joy. 

what do the deeds say for the property?

only use the .gov.uk site to download a new copy.

is your credit file clear?

if you stop payment that might move things fwd.

i would guess by now or if not at the time

it was not RBS that got the decree anyway but a dca/debt buyer?

or that its now been sold on to one anyway?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...