Council breached contract and tenants still at property after 2 months of ended notice period

KateBur
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would concur with UB as you appear to have terminated the agreement correctly as per clause 7.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

From Post#1

"It is 8th August and I just got a massage from Council saying that because they have problems with 3-4 bedrooms the tenants are still at the house and they don't know when they will be able to move them to other accommodation! "

With reference to stu007's post which was salient and to the point with what is needed to be done. I would be inclined to think the Council have not idssued any Eviction Notice, as in their own words have no suitable properties available to move them to, this might need a legal solution sooner rather than later, OP could indicate that as their action has rendered them effectively Homeless due to failuer to return their property, the Council has a duty now to hose them in the interim.

The danger is that the Council will try to blame OP for making a large family homeless, disregarding the fact the Council are now in breach of their agreement with OP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Looks like stalemate for now, so maybe you will have to follow the earlier suggestions and declare the councilin Breach of the Agreement and send a notice that you will be formally evicting the Tenant and removing the Property from their control as per your agreement.   Other's will have some more suggestions I'm sure.

Yes that should clarify the actions required

KateBur, I have replaced your .docx file with a PDF  we recommend all uploads are PDF as .docx contains formatting and  background data that is best not posted.

• Thanks 1

Just a side outside the box thought, Is it possible the Council have designated the property in their systems a short term emergency dwelling like a homeless hostel similar to placing a family in B&B so the tenants do not have a proper Tenancy Agreement.  have seen shenanigans like that with Councils.  Its just an off the wall though but a possibility.

"Unfortunately we are unable to supply you with any documentation for the tenant as this is against GDPR regulations."

Council cop out, wonder if there is a tenancy agreement,for the occupants and council have just placed them in ad-hoc as if B & B temporary with no formal Tenancy Agreement, Thoughts stu? that's not unknown

They appear to have no intention whatsoever to return they property to you,

A lateral totally off the wall thought you could present to them as homeless yourselves and screw around with their systems.

Seriously might be the time to seek some legal advice, this issue will take some deep  thought and consideration of implications of choices of action.