• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tanzarelli v Cap One... £ + default **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, it is a bit lonely here, innit, Tanz ? I got your link to here, but I'm afraid this is unfamiliar territory to me. I actually had thought that bad credit record removal claims were made entirely separately from penalty charge claims. I would have preferred to do that, myself, just to avoid complication. I'll post a link to here for a couple of the others to see if they can come across and help you.

I hope that will help.

Hang on...

• Haha 1

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sarah & Willow.

I hope that was useful for you, Tanz.

Willow points out that you don't appear to have claimed contractual interest. I should be able to help you with that, at least !!

Let me know if you need any.

Bill.

I worked out my contractual interest for each month:-

Monthly Interest found on statements say monthly interest of 1.530% X 12= 18.36%

Using Vampires spreadsheet for working out the days I then multiplied the charges by the interest (18.36%) divided it by 365 the multiply by the number of days. In my case I was able to change Vampires Spreadsheet with the extra calculations. Each month I changed the interest according to the statement.

I do hope that I have made this clear for you, if you need any help please shout.

DS

DS - that is NOT strictly contractual interest. Contractual interest has to be compounded when you calculate it. You are calculating simple interest based on the monthly contractual rate, so this is technically neither contractual nor statutory. As such, it is in danger of being completely thrown out by the court. If that is what you really want to do do, then that is up to you. But I'm not sure that it is a good idea to suggest that everybody else does that. At best, your method gets you less than you are entitled to claim. At worst, it could get you NO interest at all.

Please, please, carefully consider claiming contractual interest fully, or not at all !!!

Bill.

Bill, why does contractual have to be compounded? I know that 'compounding' is the method that banks use in applying the interest and therefore for the sense of mutuality in contract this should be the method we use. BUT why would a Judge throw out a claim if the interest was not compounded but simple?

Am I not understanding something? Lord knows I've read enough!!! but I am prone to things skimming my head and fluttering in the corner of the room with a smug look on its' face:mad: lol

Wxxx

Willow, Glenn has made one or two stentorian pronouncements on this, and I believe his basis is that for the interest to be contractual, it has to be applied in the same way as the other party(s) to the contract apply it. If we were to pluck random rates, or random methods of calculation out of the air, then it just doesn't sit right when presented to the judge. In a good mood, he'll probably wave it through, but knowing our luck he'd have had a row with his trubble 'n' strife that morning and chuck it out on technicality.

Even if we're claiming less than we would if it was compounded, the bank may still decide to argue the point, knowing that it's too late to alter it to a higher rate. We can't expect any leeway from them, just because we're being nice guys - it's the judge we want to please. I think if we are going to claim less than the contractually calculated amount, it is much safer to drop down to authorised rate (compounded), which is still contractual. I see it as being technically correct, and therefore less vulnerable to argument.

As I think you know, though, I prefer going for the max, but with alternatives.

HTH matey,

Catchulater,

Bill. :)

Hi Bill

I take on board what you have said, I have called it simple interest on my spread sheet. Thanks though for pointing that I out.

Thanks for listening, DS !! As long as it's on board, then I feel I've done my duty. In the end we must all do what we feel comfortable with. :)

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...
Well here it is, at long last.

Claim Number 6WR03176

Charges £820.00

Interest £133.92

Court fee £80.00

Total £1033.92

Daily Rate £0.16

Default Removal

Issued on 19th December 2006

Sent to Defendant 1st Class on 28th December (why it took that long i'll never know)

Deemed Served 30th December 2006

Defendant now has until 15th December 2007 to acknowledge

Tanz

Well done, Tanz !! The delay was probably due to court closure over Christmas. Acknowledgement due 15th January, I take it !!

Something to look forward to in the New year !!

All the best with it, mate.

Bill.

MysterE - Hi to you. Although I see you've only just joined, you seem to have read up and got things well and truly under way. Well done, and all the best with your claim.

I just happened to notice you have managed to get copies of tele-cons with them, under the DPA. I never thought of asking for those (and I have 3 SAR's on the go) - as I never thought that they would supply them. Did you ask specifically for yours - and are they on CD or tape ?

Be interested to know.

Cheers,

Bill.

No probs,

Is that you and the misses enjoying the festivities last night in your avatar?

lol

Tanz

'Tis indeed. Chezt sent it to me (funny I can't remember her being there, though !!) - she sent me a coupla gorilla hangover pics, too, but they were a bit too ugly for avatars !!! :o :D

Just sent LBA to Barclaycard for non-compliance.

Also reminder and info of what I expect from Pete Townsend at Barclays re my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Both went recorded delivery today.

Also going to ring up Barclaycard to tell them whats coming. Just to rub it in a bit.

Tanz

Yeah, good, Tanz. I will watch your non-compliance closely, as I feel I may have that coming up for me, soon, as well. Good stuff, mate.