autonet insurance renewal

JMANSON
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looking for advice i had a policy with autonet for 2 vehicles, one i took out before buying car and one was a renewal and having issues with them both.

(policy A) i took ill and asked a friend to cancel this for me,  which never happened the D/D ran for about 4 months before i got round to cancel this policy, and due to ill health never purchased the car, i have sent a copy of the log book from the owner to show its still in their name and waiting for them to get back to me as they want a cancelation fee

(policy B) i was not aware the policy would renew automatically, and neither did i receive any renewal notice, first i became aware of this, upon receiving an text message from finance company telling of new D/D being taken, so this was cancelled within the required time.

I phoned Automat and informed them i had not asked for it to be renewed, and neither did i receive any renewal notice, the cars mot ran out at the start of the year and also was sorned.

I had no intentions of using this company again as the customer service and ethics don't quite feel right, and they do seem to get a lot of bad reviews, anyway i informed them i did not want to renew the policy and they informed me it would have to be cancelled with no way in reinstating it, which was fine with me as i won't be using this company again.

They have now said i owe them £130 for cancelling the policy, even though they have no authorisation from me or anything signed from me for this renewal, but are still demanding i pay this or they will just go ahead and take it off my debit card anyway.

The policy had ran for 3 weeks before i realised, it was the text message that i realised and cancelled the D/D with close brothers immediately.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the policy last year to insure the car was cheaper than the cancellation fee, is an older car that does not get use much 

12 minutes ago, JMANSON said:

but are still demanding i pay this or they will just go ahead and take it off my debit card anyway.

then ring your bank and tell them to cancel the CPA 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cancel the Direct Debit Authority at the Bank and any continous payment authority (CPA)

Insurance companies can charge cancellation fees, if you try to cancel after the renewal date.  The cancellation fees will be noted in the Insurance policy documents.

When you took out the Car Insurance, this would have been on an automatic renewal basis.  This is required by most Insurance companies, as it makes sure you don't inadvertently drive without Insurance, because you forgot to renew or obtain new Insurance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread