Erudio/Arrows/Capquest/Resolvecall re: a statue barred SLC Loan **confirmed SB'd**

franila
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, 

I am just after a little bit of advice please.

In February out of the blue I received a letter from Capquest informing me they were now managing my Student Loans Company account on behalf of Erudio Student Loans Limited, they also included a letter from/on behalf of Erudio notifying me of a 'Change of Agency Notification'. 

They sent a follow up letter at the beginning of March stating that their records indicate there is currently not a repayment plan in place on my account. They then sent a further letter at the end of March informing me that despite their attempts to speak with me they do not have defined solution for the repayment of the account, therefore they would shortly be instructing Resolvecall Limited to visit my property.

At the beginning of April I received a letter from Resolvecall informing me that they would be making a personal visit to my home. Yesterday they visited my property and spoke with my wife (I was at work). After reading various forums I have ignored all correspondence with the above but now after a 'visit' feel intimidated somewhat.

I started studying in 1997 so the loan account they refer to is a mortgage style student loan. If I remember correctly, when I finished my course I deferred a couple of times initially and then went travelling etc. and had no further contact with the Student Loans Company for a number of years.

Upon returning to the UK and starting to work, I set up a small standing order to pay some of the loan but then stopped this in March 2014.

I have not contacted the Student Loans Company in over 10 years probably more, and have never had any dealings with Erudio at all, and as mentioned my last payment to the account was in March 2014.

Am I correct in the fact that the debt is now statute barred

Should I send a standard statue barred letter to Capquest or should I not engage at all?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and any advice would be most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Erudio/Arrows/Capquest/Resolvecall re: a statue barred SLC Loan **confirmed SB'd**