Hermes lost parcel: settled successfully through mediation!!

2xp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Just wanted to share a quick experience for a lost Hermes parcel worth a couple of hundred pounds. I accepted Hermes' offer to use mediation and was pleasantly surprised! I read all the threads on here and thanks to the Bankfodder's great advice I came in confident and with notes and was not prepared to reduce the claimed amount even by 10p. 

Firstly Hermes stated that my item was not one that is normally covered and due to its fragile nature it is not compensated and secondly they gave the ordinary "you have not opted for insurance bla bla". These were their points and even before I started stating my arguments they were already out with an offer to cover the item value in full and the postage costs for it but NOT the small claim fee of 25 pounds. To me this sounded as a reasonable compromise since I got other things to do during the day. This 25 pounds compromise was about 5 percent  of the overall claim value so that was fine by me. 

I went to mediation extremely sceptical having read some of the other ppl's experiences, but I'm glad to say mine took only 2 quick calls, everything was settled in no more than 20 minutes, the mediator was superb, extremely friendly, polite and with a sense of humour  and they just asked me to send my bank details in response to their upcoming email and that was that. 

p.s -> I could feel the mediator was actually on my side a lil bit, but what reasonable person would side with such a shameful and honestly disgusting company anyway

All in all, I would highly recommend the experience for anyone who's still on fence regarding mediation. Open small claims against them Hermes mfs, make them pay, they are so aware of their unlawful approaches ! On my part, I will never ever use Hermes services ever. However, in fairness, this whole saga's been going on for two and a half months and I've lost so much time and effort and nerves on the matter that it was worth at least 10 times that settlement. I've been through 41 calls with them regarding the item and went to their depot twice to look for my item...

Have a great week guys/gals

Best

Edited by 2xp
  • Thanks 2

It's very kind of you to come on here and tell us about your experience and your success.

Well done.

Even more appreciated – as it seems that you've only just registered and we haven't give you any particular help to do this.

Just to add, I don't know if you are a member of any of the Facebook Hermes complaints groups – but there are thousands of people on those groups all stacking up doing talk talk talk blah blah blah and nothing else.
I spend a huge amount time trying to urge them to take action and they don't.

If you feel like spreading the love – then maybe you could go over to those groups and tell them how you succeeded in the face of the Hermes usual rubbish about insurance et cetera and prohibited items – and how you benefited from the advice here.

Thanks

Thank you BankFodder,

I've just made a small contribution to your cause, I am fresh out of my Master's Degree so I can't afford a lot, but it comes from the heart as all those threads really backed me up when I needed it :))

Keep it up!

p.s I will  check out those fb groups and let them know as well, no worries 

Edited by 2xp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you I've just emailed you. Check your spam folder if you don't see it