• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Minster Bay Watch/gladstones ANPR PCN PAPLOC - Overstay - Heslington Retail Park - York - YO10 5LA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning Caggers.

Hope everybody is safe and well.

Ok will try to make this brief as possible ! 

Got an early xmas gift from Minster Bay watch in York while working on a site on a retail park, Vehicle overstayed max period (2 hours) .

had a short contract with the NHS delivering and installing IT equipment to one of their offices based on the retail park above one of the retail stores. The signage stated two hours max parking , spoke to receptionist who said he would put me on the exclusion list while I was there.

has me entering at 8.12 and exit at 15.00 ( to grab some lunch )  although I was there until 6.30pm at night still working.

in theory 8.12am till 18.30pm

To add into the mix the car I was driving was just purchased on the 7th Nov and the charge letter dated 10th Nov again in theory the transfer of ownership was not in my name then , I notice on letter it states we may have obtained your details from DVLA. I actually got the V5 today stating acquired vehicle on 7th Nov

in the letter column on left is as follows:

Charge notice no *****

Date of contravention - 10/11/2020

Vehicle reg - My current vehicle

Vehicle make - - Current vehicle

Vehicle model - Current vehicle 

Charge value - £100

Date of issue - 20th Nov 

Location - Heslington Retail Park - York - YO10 5LA

I have attached a pic of the main body of the letter they are of course offering a discount of £60 ....how jolly nice 

best course of action?  

1) Tell them I was driver\owner but working for the NHS with proof of site visit and exemption and lay it on thick about being NHS worker?  (although I imagine it won't make a difference) 

2) Deny all knowledge as technically I was not the owner at that point and ask them to prove it 

3) Totally ignore and wait for the toilet paper...sorry threat o grams?

I have now left that contract but still have my NHS badge as proof of employment

Thanks

NTD...

NTK.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Minster Bay Watch ANPR PCN - Overstay - Heslington Retail Park - York - YO10 5LA
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok quick update...I have been unable to speak to the NHS office about being on the white list and asking for ticket to be upheld with MB, everytime I get put through it says mailbox full so can only assume office has not been manned. 

during this time.

letter received today to say despite letters sent for lower amount of £60 and a follow up letter for amount of £100 ( never received) no payment has been received and no payment plan in place.

Now states notice passed to internal collections team, I assume that means more of the same letters only more strongly worded and threating..ha ha..

Need to pay the amount of £155 by the 4/1/2021 ( and I thought the mafia were great at extortion) 

If I do not pay full amount or agree a payment plan they will look to refer to litigation dept recommending legal proceedings etc etc.

If payment not received by said date it will be passed to an external debt collector.

I plan to keep trying the NHS office as it should be manned after the new year.

I will keep this thread updated in the meantime.

Any advice most welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new year all.

an update!

Spoke to the NHS office who kindly said they would speak to Minster the response was as follows:

just heard back from the company, and the fine is not from our carpark but from the University.

I am really sorry but we are not able to help because it's a different company and Car park.

I am baffled now as to how this is related to the University ?
Unless these bays were specifically for University staff yet they are not marked as such and in a retail park miles out of the city centre...

On the day I did take a picture of the parking notice (as I dont trust these carparks) , close to the bays and will post up the terms and conditions.

See below..

just realised this is Ardpark based in Wetherby.

Why do I have a notice from Minster???

sign.pdf

Fine is the wording received back from the NHS reception. Not sure if they misunderstood what was said to them. I clearly put in an email that is was a parking charge. Still baffled as to why this signage is close to the bay yet Minster have sent me the notice

I can tell you the exact location. Best  and closest location is- Farmfoods store 

TOWER COURT

OAKDALE ROAD

York

YO30 4WL

Parked in first set of bays  directly opposite the main doors of Farmfood. On Google maps you will see a red stairwell just to the right, the NHS office is directly above Farmfoods. We hand to handle kit up those stairs and along the gantry hence parking in the closer bays.

Regis court entrance is along the gantry to the end this is where reception is and where we signed in with names and details etc.Checking on Google maps I can see there is no immediate signage on the walls or nearest lamp posts.

Nope! Worked in the carpark for a number of hours , drove down road to grab lunch for 20 mins and drove back to same Bay. So got to bay at 13.00 that day left for 20 mins  around 15.00 I think , returned and worked till 19.00 all in the same day

Bit of a blessing surely? Picture of number plate only not actual bay and an incorrect parking area. 

As stated only time I left the original bay was to travel a short distance up the road grab a meal from drive through and stay 20 mins just outside takeaway to eat it.. then returned back to original bay 

Ok try this link - https://earth.google.com/web/search/YO30+4WL/@53.98571177,-1.10062658,12.95562615a,76.11070508d,35y,0.00000001h,44.99672882t,0r/data=CigiJgokCTSFuetIqkpAEXd7X9haYT9AGaffwNH3kE1AIWKSebZ3jE7A

The end bays where the cars are showing is where I was parked central in front of Farm foods entrance

Thanks for that latest update. I reckon they are hoping each person just pays up once they receive a notice from these guys.

So far no further letters though I expect one from their DCA soon...at least I have something to burn to keep warm...

AS with DX , I was not anyway near Heslington. I never left the retail park that day. As mentioned I did pick up some lunch just up the road. Will find the google earth location but only stopped in that bay for around 20 mins to eat before returning back to the original location 

okay the other location is here - https://earth.google.com/web/@53.99169199,-1.10574453,13.07497029a,72.13282641d,35y,0.00000001h,44.99670352t,0r

It is the red brick roof building next to KFC, on the road in front of the building you can see FUEL\ EXIT marked on the road in white, I was parked in the bay there and stayed for 20 mins to eat food, then returned back to original location.

So nowhere near Heslington. As DX pointed out the photo of my reg does not actually show me in a bay

So no connection to universities or similar and these bays are not marked as such

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies please find revised docs ...

Got to admire Gladstones numerical skills  on page three with their estimated costs oh and  laying it on thick about getting credit at a higher interest rate should I get a CCJ. Must be amazing to have such ability to see in to the future

PAPLOC.pdf

Ok here goes for a first draft...

Dear Will & John.

I must admit I was in awe of receiving a letter from your esteemed law firm thinking what have I done to deserve such an honour. Perhaps you have discovered a long lost relative has left me a fortune in a will and I could give up work to pursue my love of goat farming using the money to set up a small holding in the outer Hebrides producing fine cheese and goat hair sweaters. Alas no! In bold letters it stated Letter before action almost if one had to get ready for battle and my power ranger pyjamas will have to be on a boil wash first before I can even think about action.

Anyway I digress after further research I discovered this is in relation to some parking shenanigans of which I have no knowledge, so as the Private Parking world's best solicitors you should be aware, I know that you know a case isn't going anywhere on the facts as presented.

I may add that that not all is lost, as I used your letter to line the cat litter tray. Mr wiggles is most pleased with his firm and absorbent lining beaming happily away as he does his cat business before securing a warm spot in front of the fire as we sit down to watch cash in the attic.

Good luck with the soliciting business I hear it can be quite lucrative.

P.S – it is uncle Herbert who apparently left a fortune so if you do come across him please let me know…

Many thanks..yes I did not want to give any indication that I was aware I had parked on the site at any point especially written down. That said I will keep the new entry in. Do I need to add their ref no etc at the top of the letter and or date of infringement?