Debit Collection Company Won't Cancel My Gym Membership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Consumer Action Group,

First time posting here because I don't know where else to go.

I've cancelled my gym membership with gym in February 2020 because of Coronavirus and my financial situation.

This is done within my terms in contract, gave them 1 month notice in writing and everything went smoothly with the gym.

They told me from their side it's cancelled and I didn't hear from them since then.

They told me (face to face and on email) to contact DFC - Debit Finance Collection plc., company who collects debits for them to cancel my debit collection contract with them. I contacted them and explained situation (on the phone and via email). Everything was sorted and I got confirmation that debit collection is cancelled.

Recently I got the email that I'm due a payment for a September for gym that I haven't attended from February 2020.

Then they sent an email that they couldn't take a payment. That's because I removed that debit payment from my bank account.

I called them again to cancel that, that I won't pay anything because my contract is already cancelled but they told me that my gym membership is still running and that I need to pay termination fee. They are now contacting me with emails and SMS to pay the amount for September and extra charge of £15 for missing a payment within 7 days. 

Weird thing is, DFC never contacted me for any payments from March to August and they now asking for monthly payment.

Reading other threads on this forum on Gym and Health Clubs membership cancellation and issue with DD, I get the feeling that I should just ignore them.  Can you help/confirm what are my next steps, should I just keep ignoring them?

I'm getting angry with DFC because they don't want remove my details.

I asked them to cancel and remove everything because of GDPR.

Thank you for reading my case.

you guessed correct 

safe to ignore everyone.

def never use the phone ever to any DCA

they are not bailiffs

and have

zero legal powers on any debt, no matter what it's type

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BB and welcome to CAG

What gym did you join.

Never mind getting angry with DFC - get ignory !!

Nothing they can, or will, do about this matter.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

yes block the numbers and block and bounce their email AD's

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...