Bannatynes Membership - won't let me cancel 12mts contract

Grant93
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening,

I took out a 12 month Bannatynes membership back in March 2020, within a matter of weeks the full lockdown came into effect.

During this period my wife fell pregnant and now I no longer want to be going to the gym and risking the safety of her or the baby!

I have messaged Bannatynes to ask for them to cancel my membership due to the current circumstances and my worries because of covid etc.

They have said that I cannot cancel and that my membership does not end until July 2021 now, even though I took this out in March!

Can I just cancel the direct debit?

If so I am more than happy to donate a months membership fees to this page!

I haven’t used the gym once since it reopened! 

total rubbish

cancel the DD and ignore everyone as you've already told them you are wanting to cancel

stuff and all anyone can do to you. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Bannatynes Membership - won't let me cancel 12mts contract

Hi Grant and welcome to CAG

Please confirm if the gym has started taking DD's again since Lockdown was relaxed, and confirm the date of each DD

Cancel the DD now via the bank

We've never been in this situation before but I suggest you have every right to cancel on the basis of post-Covid19 concerns for you and your family.

When you answer about the Q about DD's, I'll suggest a letter to send to their HO.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)