Notice to resign

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

discrimination requires a protected characteristic, in law. is there one which applies?

Regardless, pursuing this through court will be lengthy and stressful and will not solve the immediate funding issue.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

10 hours ago, Matt84863 said:

Yes but I think in a small claims court it will be far harder to prove. I have plenty of evidence to discredit the Director but again it could still not be enough.

None of that will be relevant. It's a very simple case which is about contract law. As ES says, get a copy contract. Then use moneyclaim online. Much less stressful than all the unnecessary drama and delay of an ET.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

24 minutes ago, Matt84863 said:

There’s just something that the small claims route makes me nervous. The judge will not necessarily be an employment expert and therefore he/she will be not necessary be making their decision based on actual proven wrong doing. She could then end up with no money and no reference  and come September no job!

I have plenty of ‘evidence’ at my disposal to discredit the Director as her Practices have been shocking recently

Your evidence of wrongdoing is totally irrelevant. You are not trying to prove the director is a bad person. That is not what the case is about. Put that evidence away. You're going to make a mess of things with it.

You are simply saying, "the contract says this. This was not adhered to. I believe I am due money."

Don't over complicate it. Rumpole is not required in the Old Bailey today. The judge does not need, not will care, about substandard working practices when s/he is only being asked to decide about whether the employer should hand over a month's wages. 

Edited by Emmzzi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One step at a time. If the company don't defend it, no one will actually to need to go near a court room, virtual or otherwise. MCO is a really simple process for clear cut cases.