• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Athena PCN - overstay - Lidl Pinner HA5 3HZ ***CANCELLED BY LIDL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Silly situation really.

I did shopping for elderly parents at a Pinner, Lidl I

’ve never been to before and did not notice any parking signs. 

Used parents car, that I am insured to use, but not reg. keeper.

Had to run alot of errands and presumed the car park was a free space.

I live with my parents but I frequently work abroad so I’m not always there.

Since the lockdown I’ve been stuck in Spain.

My mother has recently told me she thought there was some paperwork about a fine.

I asked her to collate then all and it looks like I was fined on that day  

She is 88 so not always on the ball.

She is the registered keeper.

I have found your questionnaire about this issue so will answer and get back with further information.

This would have happened in February. 

• FTMDave changed the title to Athena PCN - overstay - Lidl Pinner HA5 3HZ

I’ve sent another email to Lidl with all above suggestions. Thank you. I havnt found out about the notices/camera permit yet. But am going thru. Harrow council pages   Cheers. 

Another bog standard reply from Lidl this morning. 
Unfortunately, we are unable to make an appeal on your behalf. This is because all appeals need to be placed in writing directly to Athena ANPR by the appellant. Doing so allows you to retain your right to formally appeal any decisions made by Athena ANPR.

The most efficient way to appeal your parking charge is to do so with the Car Park Management company direct. Details of how to do this will be on the parking charge notice you have received. 

I didn’t give up tho. I wrote again. After a bit of a hunt I found the CEO’s email. Explained again the genuine mistake that I made and this time they listened. The fact someone actually ‘listened’ Was as satisfying as having Lidl agree to cancel the PCN. 

Thank you all very much for dipping into this conversation. It gave me the ooomph to write to Lidl and not have to engage with Athena at all. 

• FTMDave changed the title to Athena PCN - overstay - Lidl Pinner HA5 3HZ ***CANCELLED BY LIDL***

Thanks FTMDave!! Good advice again.

The cancellation came as an email reply from Lidl, so I will keep it on record.  Will also get a letter going to Athena from mum. 
cheers