CPHart bathroom fitter claim issued - My claim is in relation to two bathrooms that have been installed incorrectly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You make certain suppositions about the obligations and value of the firms approval of the fitter. They do make it clear that they are NOT subcontractors but CP Hart are merely introducing the fitter to you and that menas being approved is thus a meaningless term.

However, you should enquire why the person is no longer "approved" as it could be a very minor reason or something that is significant to your contract with him.

What is not clear is how CP Hart have any obligatiions to you, have you bought the materials from them and then they recommend/push someone to fit it? Do you pay separately for labour and materials? These are important things as they show who you actually have a contracyual relationship with and what the limits of that is. In reality they never did fully guarantee his work

Ultimately the bloke either can do his job or he cant and you can claim against him if he does things wrong. At the moment you dony have a legal reason to cancel the contract and get your full deposit back.

I dont like the way the company does business, it is like a carpet store subbing out the fitting but them saying they are not responsible for anything about the carpet at all. I would be putting pressure on them to reach an agreement with all parties regarding the deposit. I would ahve thought that the fitter keeping a small sum to cover his actual costs of what he has done so far is equitable but if he hasnt lifted a finger or spent a penny on your materials then the contract itself will mkost likely be considered as having unfair terms and this will be a btter apporach to getting you money back than arguing about a meaningless term regarding approval

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they have accepted that it was sent out late and advised you to send it pronto with your reason as to whay it is late IN WRITING.

Now particularised POC, they want the whys  and  and also exactly what you are claiming in terms of cash and the legal reason for this,

Ie claiming £2000 for breach of contract, I employed bloggs and co to fit a new bathroom, they took £2000 in payment but failed to do any work contrary to the agreement between us dated the..

that sort of stuff

• Thanks 1