Private renting & corona virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently private rent and i am.worried i spoke with the landlady they have their own business on paye so she says they will get nothing if they choose to close for a period of time. She rents 11 other properties and said ours is not on a buy to let mortgage. Where do I stand with paying the rent if we go on furlough and cant afford the rent.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum .. Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues

Please continue to post here.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Landord's are not allowed to start eviction proceedings, without giving at least 3 months notice.  These rules are in place until Sept 30th.

It also looks like other emergency legislation is on the way . Also bear in mind the court system is stalled, no judge would allow an eviction under these circumstances anyway.  

Do you have a budget? and an idea of what will be coming in over the next few months? Could you discuss a payment plan with your landlady?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the update i am still.working at the moment i just wanted some advise incase circumstances change. I have already spoken with my landlady her answer is tough they run their own business a garage and she says they are PAYE so wont get anything it they have to close and she has another 11 properties she has to also try and cover.

Chances of your landlady evicting you in the next 6 months = 0

Chances of your landlady finding another tenant , able to pay within the next 6 months = 0

Chances of your landlady being able to sell the house in the next 6 months = 0

Chances of a court hearing happening in the next 6 months = 0

Sleep easy and stay well !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread