@DVLAgovuk bullies cancelled my direct debit and fined me for the privilage **WON JUST HAD TO PAY £31**

Joniebear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the same position, bought car from dealer May 2018 set up DD only for DVLA to cancel 12 months later due to no registered keeper.

Their website says you can not tax a car without registered keeper.

Have complained via their procedure ( still ongoing) but they still want to take me to court for penalty £93.

Have had a reply which states their system allows for third party to tax car and that there is no requirement for a registered keeper.

So if no keeper needed why not continue with DD?

• Like 1

On 24/01/2020 at 17:11, Joniebear said:

Call DVLA they tell me they never 'received' the V5 from the dealer so the car had no registered keeper. because of this they stopped the direct debit after taking it for 12 months with no warning to me.

Interpretation act applies, they cannot rebut presumed delivery.

On 24/01/2020 at 17:11, Joniebear said:

forgot about it and moved on with life

No statutary requirement to chase for any info

img_0468.png

Sorry I thought that the dealer had "sent" the notification of change of keeper either electronically or by snail mail.

besides that I may be naive but surely the KISS strategy would be best in these situations i.e. If there was no keeper on record at the time of the alleged offence, as evidenced by the cancellation / non renewal of DD, then how can anyone be penalised/prosecuted for an offence?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Further to my post on this thread,

I have had numerous communications to and from Dvla still sticking to "your fault".

Escalated to complaints to no avail 

Escalated to Chief Exec similar answers.

Asked to be referred to independent complaint assessor.

Mean while receive court summons yesterday( 28/02/2012) for appearance on 23/03/2012.

Today received letter from Dvla saying if I want, I could pay back tax owed (£31) with no penalty, instead of court .

RESULT!

• Like 1

• BankFodder changed the title to @DVLAgovuk bullies cancelled my direct debit and fined me for the privilage **WON JUST HAD TO PAY £31**