Iphone apps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to know how to deal with Apple corp when it comes to making a complaint about drawing my children into downloading apps which uiltimately cost a lot of money.

My bank contacted me earleir today asking if two transaction were fraudulent ie am I aware of them? 

One for £44.99 and another £38.99.

Got them stopped, card cancelled, new one in the post.

One of the call handlers informed me that even if I change my visa debit card, Apple corp can still grab the money by applying to visa for my banking details.

Can that be case?

If anyone can advise me I would appreciate it .

Many Thanks

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

debit card?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cant find it but recently an article was put out by a news paper confirming that a new debit card info can be passed to a merchant if reoccuring method of payment. 

Continuous payment authority 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-6790007/Stop-sneaky-cash-grab-Outraged-readers-campaign-tackle-fees-racket.html

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

To be fair Apple have child accounts which have the ask to buy feature, this requires an authorised adult member to say yes to the purchase. Did you have that switched on?

Apple and Google offer the same games on their store. In app purchases are very common across all types of App from games to business. Purchase authorisation is covered in their T&Cs

I would suggest Apple will say you are responsible for letting the children access an account that could set this up without them understanding the implications. 

8 hours ago, dx100uk said:

debit card?

dx

Yes

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

1 hour ago, fkofilee said:

Cant find it but recently an article was put out by a news paper confirming that a new debit card info can be passed to a merchant if reoccuring method of payment. 

Continuous payment authority 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-6790007/Stop-sneaky-cash-grab-Outraged-readers-campaign-tackle-fees-racket.html

That is quite upsetting. I will take a look at the article thoroughly.

1 hour ago, CraigMcK said:

To be fair Apple have child accounts which have the ask to buy feature, this requires an authorised adult member to say yes to the purchase. Did you have that switched on?

Apple and Google offer the same games on their store. In app purchases are very common across all types of App from games to business. Purchase authorisation is covered in their T&Cs

I would suggest Apple will say you are responsible for letting the children access an account that could set this up without them understanding the implications. 

Thanks. I will take a look to see whether the particular feature is switched on or not.

A while ago I read an article where Apple were in fact taken to task over their marketing/purchasing methods (wish I had kept a copy) The outcome of the article caused Apple to refund and compensate the complainants.

Thanks

Stephen

if it was a debit card then go get the sums back from your bank under CPA rules

and

cancelling a card does not remove the continuous payment arrangement

make sure you instruct your bank not to honour anymore.. without you express permission

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...