does back billing apply to bills sent via email?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon all!

I moved into my property in October 2017. I vaguely recall spoking by telephone to the separate suppliers of gas and electric shortly afterwards.

I have been receiving my gas bills from bg just fine. Stupidly I didnt realise that I wasn't receiving or paying electricity bills.

I have recently been contacted by a debt collection agency threatening court action and a different meter if I didnt pay within 7 days. I contacted them and they agreed to hold off action.

I then wrote to the electric supplier and explained that I had not received a bill for 2+ years and felt that this isn't my fault and that I should receive only bills for 12 months. 

They have now wrote back to say that thy have supplied and billed me for 2 years and I must pay. They said that they may have sent the bills to an incorrect email address. The letter is badly written, full of spelling errors and ends by telling me to complain to the ombudsman if I am unhappy.

They also said that they have wrote to me several times by post and asked me to setup a direct debit. Im pretty sure this isn't correct, I may have assume 1 to be a circular but unlikely to have made that mistake multiple times.

I have received an email last week to my correct email address with a link to a billing system but I have no way to login to this and the request password doesn't send me a new password.

How should I proceed? Is it my fault for not receiving bills? Presumably that shouldn't have left it so long before contacting me and my first letter should not have been from a third part debt agency?

not sure you can use any of that to avoid paying sadly

you could send them an sar to get all the details

that would prove or not if they did send them nia email

there are some accounts that do state this in their T&C's so I don't think there is much hope of getting out of not paying what you owe though.

get in contact with the supplier

ignore the DCA

set up a DD paying your on going usage and a fixed sum off the arrears IMHO.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...