return of parcel via ebay

marksheff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

advice needed. 

i recently purchased a box set of dvds quite large box set inside a metal case

when they arrived  the packaging was quite flimsy and easily damaged,

when i checked the contents there was a dvd missing,

may sound petty but it was advertised as a complete collection,

i contacted the seller and she advised me the disc was at her home and was going to post it

a week passed and no dvd

i again contacted her again to confirm if she had sent it and never got a reply

i opened a case with ebay all i asked ebay  was either the disc to be sent or refund £20.00 so i could buy the missing dvd .

then all of a sudden i got this quite abrupt email from the seller claiming that she wanted her property back and i was to pay the postage,

my reply was if we can't deal with this amicably then i'll let ebay step in,

then next thing she sent full refund,

before the refund came i mailed her saying i was not going to post said item as i don't trust her.

were do i stand with this (money has not cleared yet) the email this morning was i want my property back.

thanks in advance.

So she has apparently made a refund to you. Was this by PayPal?

She wants you to return the DVDs to her but the refund to you hasn't yet cleared. Is this correct?

I must say that I I had always thought that PayPal refunds were instantaneous.

Have you asked eBay to step in yet?

@bankfodder . it was refunded via paypal . the balance is still showing pending and as been since the 9th oct i've always thought it was instant, not been in touch with ebay yet, as there is still the first case up and running, just to add i dont have her address, i've not replied to the last two emails as i've said i will let ebay step in. thanks 

Edited by marksheff

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to put this into procedure with eBay but also to raise it with PayPal.

I have always found that PayPal are pretty accessible and you are best dealing with them on the telephone and they will explain to you why the payment is "pending" and what can be done to make sure that the payment is completed.

I would also put the dispute into eBay. If you have a written message which confirms that the item you ordered is "not as described" then I would have thought that they will require a refund and also the cost of your postage. They normally provide you with a prepaid label.

Please let us know what happens.

I would also suggest that you sent her a message saying that to manage any return of her items, you will need her postal address and that she should provide it to you.

At least the eBay people will see that you are trying to do your best to return it and they will then become aware that she hasn't yet provided a postal address for return.

I think it's important to lay down a "paper trail"

@BankFodder . i will do all you've suggested, she's only been a member since july this year  one of the 4 reviews shes got since my purchase states this user (her)is been dishonest. i just dont appreciate such abrupt emails .   thanks again .  ps i will let you know the outcome.

2 hours ago, marksheff said:

@bankfodder . it was refunded via paypal . the balance is still showing pending and as been since the 9th oct i've always thought it was instant, not been in touch with ebay yet, as there is still the first case up and running, just to add i dont have her address, i've not replied to the last two emails as i've said i will let ebay step in. thanks 

I had slimmer problems to you and it explains below why still showing as pending.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Edited by 45002
url
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

So the answer may be contained in the link given by the helpful response above – but probably it's still a good idea to phone PayPal because they are likely to have a faster solution for you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marksheff said:

@bankfodder . it was refunded via paypal . the balance is still showing pending and as been since the 9th oct i've always thought it was instant

It will be due to her having no money in her account, refunds are only instant if;

Money is being held as you are a higher risk seller (new to ebay, not sold in a while or its your first high value item)

They have money in their available balance

This refund would be classed as an e-cheque as the bank needs to processes her refund by putting a deposit into PayPal and then it get forwarded to you.

The fact she has already refunded you is a bit odd as eBay advise to only refund once the items have been returned.

If you opened a "not as described case," the seller foots the return postage bill by either uploading a postage label or by using one of eBays pre-paid ones, the proper way to make a return is to do it this way and skip messaging the seller directly, when you open a case you can communicate within the case between yourselves and come to a resolution ie Full refund, partial refund and to close the case.

I would just open the case within eBay, get a return label and ship it back to her, all tracking his held by eBay and they can see once the item has arrived, a lot of people in your situation have kept both the item and refund due to the seller not being experienced and refunding in full before getting the item back, just do the right thing and get them back too her.

Edited by PIXeL_92
Re-read user post.