Caledonian Moving and Storage - Disappearance of Belongings @CaledonianMove

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm very sorry that you are having such a bad experience here. You certainly don't seem to be the only one.

https://www.removalreviews.co.uk/movers/caledonian-moving-and-storage-89

Maybe if you find any other reviews about this company you could post them up here as well.

Have you called the police? I think that you should do.

Secondly, if you can contact the owner, if he is prepared to confirm that he still has your items, then maybe you could try asking him to photograph them and then to organise your own immediate collection of them. It seems to me that you need to get them out of his custody as quickly as possible.

Also, I'm going to say that although lots of people are suspicious of this man's motives, it seems that the police have been informed several times and that they may have interviewed him but I'm not aware that they have been any police accusations of theft or dishonesty and although there may be justification for thinking that that is what is happening, maybe this is simply a very badly organised business – clearly one which not should not be trusted – but not one which is actually practising any dishonest activities.

Well I'm afraid that you haven't helped yourself by leaving it so long. It means even the police – if you can get them to pay attention – will take you less seriously. I would suggest if you have a Facebook account that you open up a Facebook group on this – a public group and hopefully the word will get round and other people will start posting on it. You should do what you can to contact people.

I'm afraid that we could suggest that you bring an action – but you seem to be talking about a very large amount of money which would take you well outside small claims limits and also this company seems to be based in Scotland so you may not have the usual benefit of the small claims process and I'm not sure whether suing a Scottish company from England, even though they are a business defendant whether the case would be heard in England or in Scotland. We need some additional advice on this.

Even if you won the case then I foresee considerable problems in enforcing the judgement so you could end up with fees of up to £1000 or so, a judgement and then no way of using the judgement.

I would certainly consider contacting the police in your area but also the local police to the storage area. I don't normally tell people to advise citizens advice – but maybe you should do because they will at least add it to some kind of database that may be accessible to trading standards. This won't do you very much good – but it may help people in the long run.

I'm very sorry that this is not a more positive and assertive response. I'm afraid this kind of thing these me add a bit of a loss. It's a real shame that you left it so long.

If you find some way of checking up to see if your goods are still there then that would be a very good starting point. This may mean travelling to Scotland to have a look for yourself personally.

• BankFodder changed the title to Caledonian Moving and Storage - Disappearance of Belongings
  • Like 1

• BankFodder changed the title to Caledonian Moving and Storage - Disappearance of Belongings @CaledonianMove

We don't make recommendations about lawyers.

I suggest that you start putting up some reviews on trust pilot and also on Facebook. I'm very surprised that there are no reviews on trust pilot whatsoever given the level of complaints which I understand have been made about this company or its predecessors.

I think you will be very helpful if you would post up all the various incarnations of this company which have existed over the past seven or eight or nine years.

I suggest also that you find other people have been affected and asked them to come here and post new threads.