Cabot/Hassall CCJ - Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Sainsbury card - chasing payment i stopped

SpeedyCBR1100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Hassall CCJ - Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Sainsbury card - chasing payment i stopped

nope 

how do they know what you look like to compare it against?

how do they know what your signature looks like to compare it [or lift it onto fake paperwork.]

ignore them 

see what WH reply with.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are just being awkward to waste time.

You should read their EU enabling bumf that made the GDPR and what the company is obliged to do to comply.

You can ask for your personal data via a phone call so how are they going to say that a photo ID is needed?

All they need is to know that you are who you say you are so posting out the data to the address they hold for you is enough to fulfil the law, no bells and whistles.

You can write to them and say that if they dont send the stuff you will report te to the ICO for their refusal

Just to close this, thank you for all your help. 

I did panic a little when I got the first threatogram and you helped to allay my fears. 

WH have agreed to accept a small monthly payment and I'm not going to argue. 

Thanks again, but I will leave the SAR's running and will get back when I receive the results.

I seriously question the wisdom of paying them?

how did you agree to this

not over  the phone I hope!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why do you  question the wisdom of paying them?  Andyorch  on the previous  page  advises exactly this course of action.  To me, it removes the hassle (see what I did there) of it hanging over my head.  For your further information,  it was done by mail and I have their confirmation in writing.

it was the other comment too...we don't even know if cabot were even the  original claimant.

they might not even have the legal power to demand/accept payment and all you are doing is giving them free money when no debt exists anymore to anyone as they cant even enforce it

esp if the don't hold the relevant judgement paperwork at all or even in their name.

pers i'd have ceased payment and let them threaten, then they must prove correct assignment or judgement or whatever to enforce it via an AEO or alike

and you can put them to strict proof.

and they

Did you ask for a full set of statements of payments against the judgment ?

With regards to payments...this is a Judgment...which you maintain has always been with Cabot....if you stop payments completely you risk them executing the judgment further...it wont go away... irrespective of its age and the fact that you have been making payments.

I think you have done the right thing...but get those statements then you can work out the balance and how long left to pay.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread