Britannia introducing a new fee over half way through mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a Britannia Mortgage since 2002.  Today I got a very jolly letter that flippantly mentions them adding a 'Title Management Fee' of  £50.  Seems that this is to cover admin costs of holding my deeds during the mortgage.

Can they just add this summarily?  Surely those costs have not changed significantly & should have been foreseen by them when the mortgage was sold?

I must wonder what they may add next?  Will the up this fee to £250 next?

I would have expected some right to object within 30 days, but they seem happy that they are still good value & I should be grateful they don't charge other fees that other lenders do!

land registry do that for you not the brits..

have you ever sent them an sar as I expect there are all manner of unlawful fixed sum penalty fees they've charged over the history of the mortgage.

I bet they've charged you insurances too bar the only one you must have in place which is buildings ins..which if you already had it ..they cant..

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this was found to be unlawful some 20 years ago.

They either say what the charge for this is at the outset (and then it cant change) or they cant change the terms.

i bet they charged you an arrangement fee and load of other bits and bobs are written into the mortgage.

the reality is that deeds dont exist like they did many years ago.

You don't have a piece of paper that is the sole evidence of ownership,

it is just an entry on the Govt computer that anyone can look at so they aren't looking after your deeds.

what they are saying is that they want to charge you an extra £50 to have their name as mortgager on the deeds.

Well if they want to remove any mention of their interest in the property then they should feel free to do so and see how many people then do a runner

• Like 1

No write directly and complain

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your deeds are held by the Mortgagor as security not the LR.....LR only have copies of the original Title Deeds.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread