Kirsty & Niels v A+L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Well, time is up now for the LBA and A+L didn't bother responding at all this time unlike the other letters we have sent so its full steam ahead with MCOL.

Is it normal for them just to ignore letters? I know they recieved it on 13th Dec as it was signed for.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

Kirsty

Any advise offered is purely out of interest and personal experience. Professional advice is always recommended.

Bank charges claimed:

A+L - Jan 07 - ** Settlement cheque received **

Hi,

MCOL finished and lodged this evening. Had to do it for the Narborough address as even trying to get it to accept the address i put it for Bootle, it just wouldn't have it.

So, i'm sending another letter informing them its in progress and a current schedule of charges to be reclaimed (added a couple extra obtained in December) to both the bootle and Narborough address.

I pre-empted and included an unauthorised overdraft fee that we will be getting on 20th Jan. Is it ok to do that? Should have really asked this before i did it :confused:

Just sit back now i suppose and see what happens??

Kirsty

Any advise offered is purely out of interest and personal experience. Professional advice is always recommended.

Bank charges claimed:

Hi,

I pre-empted and included an unauthorised overdraft fee that we will be getting on 20th Jan. Is it ok to do that? Should have really asked this before i did it :confused:

Kirsty

I would like to know the answer to that too.

I am ready for Mcol stage but there are two £25 charges waiting to be taken from me on 13th Jan. Do I wait till 13th? Add them now? or put in a new claim later? Thanks for any help

A&L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 6/10/06

Chq cashed 18/10

STATEMENTS arrived 27/11/06

Prelim letter sent 29/11/06 £461

Capital One X 2 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 12/10/06

Cheques cashed 28/11

Prelim sent 29/11 £276

I think you can always do another claim! Thay will say they intend to defend, but then pay up. Most cheques arrive on a Saturday, mine came on a Monday though! Filed MCOL on 14th Nov, received cheque 4th Dec!

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

Believe me, its a fantastic feeling when you get it!

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

Hi,

A+L have until the 22nd Jan to respond to our MCOL, so its a long wait till then.

Thanks for everybody's help so far, this is an amazing site with so much info available on all aspects of claiming. Particulary useful when it came to the wording on 'particulars of claim' on the MCOL. I would have been stumped without this site and knowing so many others are also going through this unknown, daunting legal process. :D

Kind regards,

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

The time seems like forever waiting dosn't it when your at this stage!!

I'm so glad you decided to go for this :)

:cool: Lily :cool:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

PAID IN FULL 25th August 2006.....

DONATION HAPPILY GIVEN.......

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message

Hi,

Tell me about it, i'm so worried they submit a defence and we have to go all the way.

I'm checking MCOL everyday and nothings changing. Roll on the 22nd so we know whats happening.

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

Should be with you soon, mine came today :cool:

Chq cashed 18/10

Cheques cashed 28/11

Prelim sent 29/11 £276

Should be with you soon, mine came today :cool:

What came, grog28? A defence by A+L??

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

Sorry :o

No My Cheque arrived after only a week of filling in Mcol.

Cheers

Chq cashed 18/10

Cheques cashed 28/11

Prelim sent 29/11 £276

Congratulations :D

When did you file with MCOL? Did you have any knowledge of this before the cheque came through the door?

Well done again!!

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

My thread is below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/34170-grog-l.html

I only filed MCOL on 7/1/7 and no I had no idea, nice surprise this morning.

Chq cashed 18/10

Cheques cashed 28/11

Prelim sent 29/11 £276

Hi again,

wow, you filed three days after me, so who knows maybe i'll have a nice surprise soon??? but knowing my luck.....

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

Hello,

Out of the blue, 5 days after MCOL served to A+L a cheque arrived on our mat this morning from Mr Postie for the full amount, including costs and interest.

The letter from their lawyers did say that they do not accept any liability and didn't agree with our claim however to stop incurring further costs with the courts they wanted to settle now.

YIPPEE!!!!!!! :D

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

Well Done :D

Told you so :rolleyes:

Chq cashed 18/10

Cheques cashed 28/11

Prelim sent 29/11 £276

Hello,

I have to write and cancel the court action and send a copy of the letter to A+L's Lawyers at the same time as accepting the settlement cheque. As I did this online who do i write to?

Is the following address:?

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Is it just a standard letter detailing the 'out of court settlement' with no specific template needed?

So far A+L have mentioned nothing about closing our account, although we do operate it in the black now. Will wait and see.

Thanks

Kirsty :D

Bank charges claimed:

FAO: CARO

I have tried to PM you but you have to many messages to accept mine. You are the only Moderator i can find ont he A+L threads.

Its my understanding I have to get my thread title changed and thread moved now I have settled with A+L.

Is this so?

Thanks

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

Glad to be of service Kirsty. If you are unsure of the address give MCOL a quick ring to confirm it. Your letter just needs to say that the claim has been settled and you will not be proceeding with it.

Congratulations.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi all,

Just received a letter this morning from A+L (after their solicitors wrote to offer full settlement this weekend) saying that will increase our initial offer from £400 to £600 in order to avoid court action.

Unusual I know ;-) but it sounds like one department doesn't know what the other is doing!!

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

Hm that's odd. I take it you got full amount anyway?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello,

Yes, we had a cheque for the full settlement on Saturday. Don't know where this letter came from. It refers to the previous offer they sent us a while back and upping it from £400 to £600.

Perhaps they feel so sorry for what they have done, they want to give me alot more money then i claimed for :D to clear their conscience.

Kirsty

Bank charges claimed:

CONGRATULATIONS & Well done. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad you went all the way, i bet you two are too.

Take care :D

Lily

:cool: Lily :cool:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

PAID IN FULL 25th August 2006.....

DONATION HAPPILY GIVEN.......

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message