Registered disabled - violation for parking in a disabled bay!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

IMHO the Penalty Charge was issued correctly as there was a breach of law by using an expired BB. If the council do not want to offer goodwill by cancelling and it goes to court, you will lose. Your choice.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO the council will assume that because the person keeps the expired BB in a vehicle the intention is to use it fraudulently which is why they are cracking down on BB misuse. I suggest you pay the fine and lesson learnt.

In order to get a BB one needs to apply Online and also submit proof of disability i.e. mobility DLA and this will have your address on it.

It can be a lengthy process.

You may have two at once, but cannot use both as the dates do not overlap.

I renewed mine last year and thay are a lot stricter in our county regarding BB due to abuse and misuse.

• 2 months later...
Meaning what? BB users are criminals? The council has no business coming down hard on BB users, who are exercising their lawful rights.

Are you condoning criminal activity? The OP displayed a BB that was NOT valid and was aware that it was not valid. The council acted correctly and within the law however it deemed the signage was inadequate. Was the OP actually using a the vehicle or was a mate using it? Either way none of us will know.

So, you meant to say the council is coming down hard on people who are misusing BBs. Not coming down hard on BB users - you basically implied that disabled people are criminals who should be persecuted.

"No wonder councils are coming down hard on BB users!"

Twist my words to whatever agenda suits you as you know I am correct. The OP was in the wrong and abusing the BB as it was invalid and was issued a ticket correctly however they got off on a technicality regarding the signage.

I haven't twisted your words, and I don't have an agenda. You slandered disabled people by suggesting they should be "come down hard" on. If anyone has an agenda, it's you.

I am a BB holder so I am very much for the councils coming down hard on people who abuse their BB entitlement. Do any of us know whether it was the actual OP that never displayed a valid badge or a friend using the vehicle? We will never know.