The old Statute Barred dilemna Cabot Chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone clarify if one should or should not send the SB letter before receiving a claim form. There appears to be some disagreement over which course of action to take.

I have received a 'nice' letter asking me to start talking to them about repaying a debt that I last acknowledged at least 8 years ago.

Yes, is not a bad idea to put them on notice that it is statute barred and that now that they are on notice, if they continue any action then they will be breaking the FCA CONC rules and that you will bring it to the notice of the FCA. Tell them furthermore that if they do decide to start an action that not only will you defend on the basis that it is statute barred but also you will bring their breach of the FCA statutory regulations to the notice of the court.

• Confused 1

but the letter is not from BT?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yea why did I think that

must have previously read another thread

ok so whose the fleecer writing

and what the debt all about

and why are you sure its SB'd?

you do realise in E&W they can ask for payment

as even if SB'd the debt atill exists

just that they cant enforce through court or threaten court

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Only send the letter if you are 1000% sure its Statute Barred otherwise you may just prompt them into actually issuing a claim form..dont poke the bear unless your sure.

Which DCA has contacted you ?...we have a good idea which litigate and which dont.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Okay as per post# 2 above...but be prepared to get into letter tennis...they will swear blind its not SB.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Okay as per post# 2 above...but be prepared to get into letter tennis...they will swear blind its not SB.

Well that should be interesting. The previous DCA gave up when they couldn't provide any documentation whatsoever, no agreement, no default, no accounts, nothing.

But this is Cabot...:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Push and make sure that the account will not be sold on. Cabot won't let it go without selling it on

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D