Congestion charge penalty unpaid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , re Congestion Charge non payment.

On the 13OCtober 2016 when the closure of Tower Bridge was in place I just realised ,

upon receiving a PCN today,

that I had entered the congestion charge via liverpool street station while according to TFL that was not the correct diverted route.

I was genuinely and truly sure it was.

Funny enough the PCN came 1 month after it all had happened when memories are toally faded away and I was sure there was some sort diversion sign directing me through that CC area .

Eventually a small yellow sign that barely a motorist could see in the middle of the crazy traffic when you already need to have sights on every move you make ..

. Even if there was any diversion sign still, as I knew from the massive sign in Tower bridge seen month before about the closure period and by a quick read on METRO news, I was aware I could cross London Bridge.

Hence I automatically though and logically that that would be a correct route.

Any help in this or right things to write in my representation?

I also would not see any reason why I should not have paid the CC charge if was aware of it, especially having 24h time to do it...

would much appreciate yur help

was actually thinking to write the following...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would not not consider myself liable for the congestion charge (CC) non-payment penalty because I was in truth and genuinely thinking to follow a diversion for Tower Bridge closure.

I am also very surprised that this communication come after a month from of the fact.

I truly entered the Congestion Charge is because of Tower Bridge works and I am sure I have seen a sign diverting me toward Bishop gates which seems pretty logical also as way to follow as diversion.

I don’t see any reason why I should have not paid the congestion charge if there’d be no closure of Tower Bridge and I had gone through that part of the Congestion Charge area.

If I was aware of that I would have had time to pay till the day after but again and in bona fide I was totally not aware as sure of been following the diversion.

I would be so grateful if you could accept my apology and accept the fair minimal usual payment for entering the Congestion Charge zone.

Yours sincerely,