Xercise4less

hosteen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I would be grateful for some advice on cancellation with xercise4less

I had come to the end of my 12 month contract with xercise4less and went in to talk to them about changing my monthly fee from 14.99 to 9.99 as a result of an offer they were promoting.

They processed this and annoyingly made me pay an extra admin fee£25.

Two months later I now see that as well as the admin fee they have not cancelled my previous 14.99 DD so I have been paying two direct debts a month. One for 9.99 and another for 14.99.

Now here is where I may have acted rashly,

I cancelled both direct debits and let them know that they have been taking too much money out of my account and I no longer wish to be a member.

Where do I stand with this?

When I re-signed at 9.99

I did commit to another 12 months so am I now in the wrong...

Hi Hosteen and welcome to CAG

For starters, I do not think you're in the wrong. You may have acted rashly but one can understand why - Harlands were taking double DD's from you when Harlands and/or the gym should have cancelled the 1st DD when starting the 2nd one. You have every right to stop someone taking money they're not entitled to. You also have good reason not to trust the gym and/or Harlands in handling DD's correctly, hence the right to cancel without notice.

Are you certain you don't want to remain a member ?

If you DON'T, just do nothing until Harlands write to you about cancelling the DD's. They may may their usual collection threats but they're full of hot air.

If you DO want to remain a member, let us know and we'll tell you how to best do this via the gym.

If anyone calls you, tell them "In writing only" and hang up. Ignore any text msgs. Read other threads here to see that Harlands actually end up doing NOTHING !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If they was taking two direct debits is there anything the bank can do to get it back

Yes. Any DD paid by the bank in error can be reclaimed using the DD Guarantee Scheme. OP can simply tell the bank what DD's are considered to have been paid in error and the bank must repay these without question.

We can advise Hosteen on this when we have more info and know how they should proceed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)