£1300 worth of lost currency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I could really do with some advice here. I ordered £1300 worth of Israeli Shekels from Travelfx.com. Part of their service is to deliver by Royal Mail Special Delivery (1pm). I ordered for delivery on Thursday 1st September.

Travelfx have issued all confirmations and a tracking number, and when I got home on 1st September, I had a card saying by item had been returned to the sorting office and I could collect the next morning.

I went, and Royal Mail have LOST the parcel (the card I have been left means it's definitely been in their possession)!

They have 5 days before they have to say it's lost. Royal Mail won't reimburse me as they say I have to get it back from the Co. I bought it from (who then claim it back from Royal Mail). Travelfx state that they will not refund me until they have actually got the money back from Royal Mail, which could take up to 28 days.

By that time, my holiday will be long over. I will be stuck with a load of foreign currency I don't need, and in the meantime, I now have to find the money again! Royal Mail have confirmed they have passed this to their security department as it's definitely not in the sorting office. They've mooted that they've started a security investigation as this may be theft.

Surely due to this (at best) incompetence or (at worst) criminality, I shouldn't be so significantly out of pocket. Can anyone confirm who is liable to refund me, and how soon? S

I am really distraught as this has ruined a massive family reunion that we've been planning for years.

Hi and welcome to CAG

As I see it, Travelfx are the customer of the Royal Mail and not you.

You may have paid Travelfx the postage costs but it was they that have contracted with RM. You have no contract. You cannot claim.

Your only point of claim is with Travelfx and it should be them that is taking this on board and helping you.

I can't see an easy way for you out of this.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have a chat with the local delivery office manager on the phone. Before we all start shouting theft the postman might have left it in his pouch under his frame by mistake and not returned it to the registered letter enclosure. He might be on leave and sitting in his pouch at home. It is very rare despite the publicity you have bent postal staff

I have had many many chats with the delivery office manager - my hubbie is also an ex postie so knows about all the places it could be. It is not in any bag, frame, van, cupboard or safe at that office. The postman was insistent he handed it back in, but it wasn't scanned and they have no record of booking it back in. I spoke to the Delivery Office Manager Friday morning, Friday evening, and Saturday morning. they have assured me they have searched everywhere and it is definitely not in that office. As my husband's ex colleagues I would not have been quick to think this either, but the office has been searched top to bottom, and Royal Mail have even confirmed to me that they have already passed it on for internal investigation

It's not under the drivers seat either. they've confirmed they've checked everywhere. I am not saying it's theft, but they have confirmed to me categorically that it is definitely missing. They cannot find it.

Thanks for the advice, but they have told me several times they have looked in all the places you are suggesting.