Halifax Transferred My Debt To Moocroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I I received a letter advising me that Halifax has transferred my credit card debt to Moorcroft for collection the reason given in their own words- In order to ensure we countinue to service your account in the manner most appropriate to your situation, we have transferred your HALIFAX debt to a debt collection agency.Moorcroft Group plc.We have instructed Moorcroft to contact you in the next few days to enable you to make future payments to them.

To give you a bit of background- My Halifax card was defaulted aprox 7 years ago

,After a few threatograms I managed to come to an arrangement with them,I pointed out that they had conducted my account in an irresponsible way with iresponsible lending as they kept increasing my credit when I kept reaching credit limit and was clearly getting into difficulties and that they were in breach of the unfair finacial relationship laws

I did a CCA request on them but they did manage to produce an enforceable agreement!

Ater receiving enforceable CCA I offered to pay them £30 a month if they stopped adding interest and charges. and pointed out that was all i could afford as i am on a low income and have other fiancial difficulties

After a few threatograms they seemed to accept my plan and for the last 7 years they behaved reasonably accepted my £30 a month and stopped adding interest and charges,

I in turn did my bit and kept to my payment schedule of £30 a month and saw my debt go down from aproox £5000 to just under £3000,So thought all was going well until I received this letter yesterday/

I phoned Halifax Retail collections to find out where I stood and if this debt had been totally tranferred to Moocroft and Halifax rconfirmed that my debt had not been sold to Moocroft and that Halifax remains my creditor,They also confirmed that interest would still not be added but that I sill must deal with Moocroft from now onto come to arrnagements with and pay them.

However I do feel very concerned as Moocroft have the reputation of being very unpleasent to deal with going by other peoples expereinces and try to pressurise people into paying what they can not afford.

So I want to get some advice on how to proceed with Moocroft to start with and also if they misbehave advice on how to fight them

I suppose my first step is to sit back and wait to receive a letter from Moocroft and insist in everything being in writing! Also to ignore any phine calls from them

I would be so gratful fo any feed back and advice and support on this thread! Thanks in advance

They havent transferred it. Just passed it to another desk. Moorcroft dont buy debts, so ignore them completely and deal with halifax direct.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

First of you only ever deal with a DCA in writing, DCA's will say all sorts of things to you on the telephone but will never back it up in writing.

If Moorcrap rings you, then you refuse to go through DPA, hang up & continue to enjoy your day.

Have you had the CCA checked that it is enforcable?

If you still have it can you remove your personal information and account numbers etc and post up please.

If you do not have it then re-CCA once Moorcroft send their first letter.

You said you were on a limited income with other creditors, if all you can afford to pay is £1 per calender month then so be it, Moorcroft will threaten Court but because they are collecting on behalf of can do nothing of the sort.

Because this is a Credit Card, have you claimed back the unlawful charges and checked if any PPI was ever applied?

If you have all statements great, get calculating and reclaiming, if not then send Halifax a Subject Access Request, enclose a £10 postal order and then go through all your statements.

Because the debt has not been sold, any monies reclaimed will go off of the balance owed unless the reclaiming is greater than the current balance.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi renegadeimp

Yes I was wondering if it would be ok to ignore Moorcroft and just carry on dealing direct with Halifax.I do pay Halifax direct from my online bank account every month

,I never give a creditor access to my bank account by direct debit or anything like that as I dont trust them:roll:

I always make sure I am exactly in control of what they get from me! Again I hear horror stories about creditors/DCAs taking more than they should and people getting into more trouble with them as a result and they they sometimes charge people for paying in booksdrool.gif

Hi,

First of you only ever deal with a DCA in writing, DCA's will say all sorts of things to you on the telephone but will never back it up in writing.

If Moorcrap rings you, then you refuse to go through DPA, hang up & continue to enjoy your day.

Have you had the CCA checked that it is enforcable?

If you still have it can you remove your personal information and account numbers etc and post up please.

If you do not have it then re-CCA once Moorcroft send their first letter.

You said you were on a limited income with other creditors, if all you can afford to pay is £1 per calender month then so be it, Moorcroft will threaten Court but because they are collecting on behalf of can do nothing of the sort.

Because this is a Credit Card, have you claimed back the unlawful charges and checked if any PPI was ever applied?

If you have all statements great, get calculating and reclaiming, if not then send Halifax a Subject Access Request, enclose a £10 postal order and then go through all your statements.

Because the debt has not been sold, any monies reclaimed will go off of the balance owed unless the reclaiming is greater than the current balance.

Stigman

Hi stigman

Thanls for advice,! I will not deal with them by phone!I learnt that lesson severalyears ago with Halifax when I made a mistake of taling to one of their DCA on phone !He was awful and made me want to jump in front of bus:sad:

:-)

However luckily thanks to CAG anf you lovely people on it,I pulled myself together and fought back!

Unfortunatly though I have not got the cca to hand at moment i can safely say it enforceable and has all the terms and conditions and my signature! It was a 2005 effort when they were staring to get CCAs correctly drawn up and it was generally agreeed I could not go through CCA route!

However they were guilty of iresponsible lending and i kept reming them of that,SoI did have some ammunition so to speak as regarding their unfair finacial relationships /iresponsible lending!

They did back off enetually and accepted my £30 a month after pointing this out to them!

Unfortunatly all the charges were incurred over 7 years now .So do not think I can go down that road

However I would be content if they just carried on accpting £3o a month of me and there Moocroft made to understand this

£30 is more than fair as another creditor who i owe a lot more too accepts only token payments. So halifax is treated more faviurably than other crediters and even then giving them £30 a month means i sometimes get behind on priority debts though luckily enough not to cause major problems.

So if Moocroft not careful I might find myseld offering a lower amount! LOL

Lloyds/Halifax included have sent a lot of accounts to Moorcroft to administer, including CCJ accounts it seems, been reported a lot lately on forums, it is an admin move.

Thanks old Cogger,

It does seem strange they want to pass on our debts ( especially ones that are going reasonably well ie they getting a regular monthly payment and the debt steadily being reduced )to Moorcroft to sort out. as it must in long run cost Halifax more as they must have to pay fees to Moorcroft

.So every £30 I pay Halifax means Moocroft gets a larg amount of it! :???:

Unfortunatly all the charges were incurred over 7 years now .So do not think I can go down that road

No time limit to claim, Get all of your statements and reclaim all unlawful penalty charges, see if any PPI has been added and if it has claim that back to.

As I said in my previous post, as the debt has not been sold, any monies claimed will come off of the balance and if over your debt amount any outstanding monies will then be returned to you.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Thanks for all your help.I was so surprised to learn from stigman that you can claim unfair charges and Iwill keep that in mind if Halifax/Moorcroft start to hassle me and act badly. I was convinced it was impossible to claim anything after 6 years and would be similar to a statue barred debt!

You probably think I am a coward but as Halifax and Moorcroft actiing reasonably I will not risk going down that road,

However,if it ever went furthur and legal acton threatened I would enter a counter claim but so far they have behaved very well which is such a selief as Moorcroft have got a reputation for being awful and hassling people,I was quite expecting to have a hard time with them!

I wrote them a firm letter pointing out that I was on a low income and that already their client Halifax has been treated more favourably than other creditorss who I owe a lot more to pro rata than Halifax

As it stands I am only paying a very small token payment to another creditor who I owe twice as much as the Halifax also i ofeten got behind with other imprtant debts I told Moorcroft the gist of of this and therfore the £30 I was currently paying more than reasonable

I received letters confirming they were happy with this arrangement and sent new new banking deails to enbter on my online account and they were extremly anxious I not countinue to pay my money direct to Halifax anymore!

I also told them in my letter that I would only want communication in writing!

I know that If I claimed for unfair and excessive charges I would probably be able to claim a small sum to reduce the debt and lots of caggers succeed but in my case I dont think I incurred a lot of unfair charges and also as Halifax have not added any furthur charges and interest onto this debt since defaulting me and kept their word so far and given me no hassle I think that in my case only fair to keep to my present arrangements as thoiugh there were some unfair charges it being balanced out by the fact that they not adding interest to this debt so I can make great progress paying it off

However I will consider going down that road of claiming unfair charges if Halifax or Moorcroft start misbehaving and giving me hassle, but hopefully they will coutinue to act reasonably as they must realise they can not get blood from a stone and that they might get a ,lot less !