Universal credit

Louisev25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just wanted to ask if i would be effected by Universal Credit eventually?

I currently recieve PIP, I get child tax credits with a severe disability element, im also on my husbands claim for esa and hes in the support group thanks

It is quite possible that you would be affected at some point in the future. As for when that would happen, I'm afraid no one really knows. Implementing Universal Credit for the easy cases (single people living in rented accommodation) has been dogged with problems and delays and it still hasn't been rolled out across the country.

It is unlikely that either yourself or your husband will be migrated to UC within the next five years. UC may even be scrapped before then or under go a major rethink if another party gain control at the next general election.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I agree with Mr.P. There is no immediate prospect of you being affected by UC, and by "no immediate prospect" I mean not within the next few years.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'm sure I read somewhere very recently that UC has been put back 6 years & may never be rolled out in the rest of the country.

This is due to the serious issues they are having with UC at present.

If I can find it again, I'll link it here.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

With the new PM and a change to the new works and pension secretary Damian Green the Mirror newspaper printed a piece on the 20th July about there now being an additional year added to the total rollout of UC.

Apparently Universal Credit (UC) will now only finish rolling out in March 2022 (as written in the Mirror)

So, at this present moment in time UC is not scrapped or finished and the plan is still to complete the roll-out (it is just going to take longer to do so).

But as everyone knows the GOV changes it's mind so many times in a year that in the 6 years it now states will probably mean they will change it several more times before then.