Prime Location Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a letter from the above mentioned asking me to contact them (letter is addressed to me by name) as i may be the person our client wishes to make contact with.

The address is a huddersfield address and the DPA reg number links it to global debt recovery in malden.

I am assuming its best to leave it well alone until they come up with more concrete stuff (my credit file is fine , no missed payments defaults etc etc)

I have no idea what this might be about , but looking at previous threads seems like they have come up with a different name again to disguise their intentions

"I am instructed to contact you as i believe you may be the person our client wishes to make contact with . Our trace team have made enquiries and have advised that your details have changed to the above address.

You can contact us free of charge on 0800 014 2346"

The name is sarah grant head of trace , prime location services

Dpa reg z5291486

Unit 2c cartwright court , huddersfield hd2 1gn 02083367263 (obviously not a huddersfield number)

I'm obviuosly not going to reply , am i set for a lengthy correspondence duel with them now??

Welcome to CAG

The key word is MAY here so no response is needed. Don't play their game, wait till they come up with something more substantial. Have you checked your credit file recently? if not you should without delay...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Just done an experian checked and all hunky dory , my score is 996 , there is 1 alert regarding being on the edited electroral roll which means my name and address can be accessed online , so will get that sorted , but other than that all fine

In that case ignore, there will be others with same name and even date of birth, and they will have sent a letter to you all hoping anyone will contact them, a response will allow them to assume you are the one they want even if you owe nowt, you have taken the bait and they will harass you for the money. Ignore them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have received a pretty much identical letter today, addressed to my married name that I stopped using 18 years ago. I have a pretty unusual name and doubt if there is anyone else by the same name in UK. My Experian credit check is a Good 891. Does anyone know what these letters are about yet?

Edited by Pumpkin09

somebody somewhere once owed some money to someone so they write to everyone with a similar name and hope that someone respnds so they can then hassle that person to pay up, regardless of who actually was the debtor in the first place.

Dont respond and they have to actually work for a living instead.