lifestyle>harlands>CRS>sp ratts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

Quick backstory, cancelled direct debit for lifestyle fitness as i moved away to Australia. Received letters at previous address(relatives informed me) from harlands at first saying i owed 1 month membership and admin fees as DD failed, so emailed harlands explaining my address move with proof of current address, to which they replied acknowledging the change of address which according to the lifestyle t&cs online is a valid reason for cancellation. However they wanted me to pay 1 months membership via phone/debitcard. I emailed them referring to my current location and reason for canceling offered to pay 1 months membership with no administration fees and never heard back. that was september 2015.

Harlands sent repeated letters to my previous address over the last 9 months with ever increasing amounts that then changed to CRS. I ignored all correspondents due to goggleing harlands and reading numerous websites about there letters and the fact they never responded to my compromise email dated september.

Anyway now been informed about a letter from spratts, looks the same format layout and text as others who have received their letters asking for £142.48, from what started as £9.99 debt with £25 "adminfee".

should i ignore this letter also or email spratts explaining my email in September where i was happy to pay 9.99

sorry for the long post

Hi Annoyed and welcome to CAG

If you offered to pay for the one month's fee and they failed to accept this offer, you need do nothing more.

Ignore Spratt's demand completely.

As long as you continue to monitor mail from Harlands/CRS, Zinc Group and Spratt Endicott, you should be fine as they tend not to litigate.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey me again,

Thanks for your reply slick, totally forgot to reply to your post.

Forgotten all about this until today received notification of another spratts letter sent to my old house.

It goes:

Our records indicate that we have been unable to come to an arrangement to clear the outstanding balance on this account

We have attempted to contact you to resolve this matter but you appear to have ignored previous communications, and provide us with a genuine reason for why you have not repaid this account

It is important that you contact us on 01295 204143 immediately to discuss repayment or email kharris@se-law co.uk.

If you do not contact us in 7 days then you may leave our client with no option but to instruct us to issue County court proceedings against you to recover the full outstanding balance Such action may result in further costs being incurred and could lead to a County Court Judgement being entered against you

If you require free financial assistance or legal advice we would recommend that you contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Step Change on 0800 138 1111

Also a few messages left on the answer machine, must have my number saved from when i joined, although i have changed mobile number since then thankfully

Is this another scare letter? Shall i email them telling them about the emails to harlands and the breakdown in communication?

Theres alot of the word "may" in there

please advise

Edited by annoyedatharlands

Hi Annoyed,

Ignore the rubbish from Spratts but write to Harlands saying :-

You have already been informed of my new address which is xxx xxxx xxxxx.

If Harlands/CRS, Zinc or Spratt Endicott write to my old address once more, I will make a formal complaint to the ICO.

I will pay you nothing regardless of who writes to me and, if I am harassed further, I will take action against Harlands to stop this harassment.

Get a free Cert of Postage from the PO when you send this.

If you want to, you could also send a copy to Spratts.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)