Help with Congestion Charge Appeal please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with a congestion charge appeal.

In October 2015, I completely forgot to pay a congestion charge.

In the meantime, I have moved twice in a short period and have now just this month (April 16) received a notice saying I now have to pay £195! because I have not paid nor responded to any of their previous notices (which I have never received due to my moves)

I wrote to them and explained the situation and offered proof of changes of address by way of copies of my updated driving licences which displayed the changes of address, and requested they resend the previous Penalty Charge Notice with the reduced payment fine and appeal procedure as I had not received them.

They have written back saying I have to pay £195 and I should have told the DVLA (which I did!).

I have not been offered any form of appeal at any time and can it be my responsibility if the DVLA dont update as quickly as I moved!. Is there anything left I can do please?

Thank you for your time