Help with LCS needed on HMRC tax Credit 'debt'

moontrev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all ignore LCS as advised. Then contact HMRC you can use google to find the number to call and it will certainly not cost 7p per minute. When you talk to HMRC you can make arrangements to pay them direct and by instalments, they will even set up a Direct Debit over the phone, and then send you details after a few days.

This is what I did, I paid off this overpayment.

However LCS still write to me chasing the payment. If you want to phone them the DO NOT use their 0844 number at 7p per minute. There is a very useful website called saynot00870 just go their and search for LCS and you will get their number - its a Leeds number and will certainly not cost 7p per minute to call.

I have called them to request they stop sending me letters, quoting their reference number. They tried to go though some security questions which I refused to answer, just quoting their reference number and telling them that is all hey need to know - oh and I did record the call.

• Haha 1