Complaint Response..clear account/Safety Net credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Not sure how to proceed. Helping a friend and the below happened.

I sent off a complaint regarding clear irresponsible lending. Received an email offering full interest refund and the loan being closed and written off.

Accepted it, sent over the bank details as they requested and clarified by email that they would refund and close the loan and they said yes correct, so I said OK I accept.

Then they came back and said actually that is a mistake, you cannot have a refund but we will close the loan.

What should I do? Is it worth pursuing the first offer?

Hi All

Not sure how to proceed. Helping a friend and the below happened.

I sent off a complaint regarding clear irresponsible lending. Received an email offering full interest refund and the loan being closed and written off.

Accepted it, sent over the bank details as they requested and clarified by email that they would refund and close the loan and they said yes correct, so I said OK I accept.

Then they came back and said actually that is a mistake, you cannot have a refund but we will close the loan.

What should I do? Is it worth pursuing the first offer?

Hi,

I suppose it really depends on how much the loan(s) were for and how much interest you have paid as it can be quite a lengthy process to complain, wait 8 weeks for a final response which you may or may not get, then complain to FOS, so quite a long process but if there's a lot of j threat and fees been paid then worth it!

whos the lender?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a case with them atm awaiting an ombudsman decision as well - eventually upheld by the adjudicator but a very hard fought case - they do appear to have more affordability checks than most lenders so they can claim they have done all the checks to cover themselves in the event of complaints

Did they make the offer in their Final Response? Can you post up the Final Response