Bradfordlad v Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Well I'd finally had enough of PPI claims companies ringing me so thought I'd have a look at what all the fuss is about!

I'd had a few loans with Yorkshire Bank around 20 years ago, and was pretty sure we were told we needed PPI to help get the application agreed.

SO - sent a letter to YB saying as much. No paperwork at my side, only thing I could offer was the address I would have been living at at the time. Received a holding response a couple of weeks ago and today received a full response offering a couple of grand less tax.

I work in financial services and I'm not daft, but some of the wording in their letter seems TOO jargony, like they purposely want to bamboozle me! It does refer to an element of PPI that carried forward from a previous loan, but the way they've worded means nothing to me!

Having read a few YB threads, I understand they have a reputation for trying it on! I'd like a bit of guidance please on how I should deal with this...

I'd happily scan their response letter if that would help (anonymously of course)? It seems as though I may have to do a SAR too? Not done one of those for a few years so again a gentle pointer in the right direct wouldn't go amiss!!

Thanks CAGgers,

BL

Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for a

ll your help

Doesn't sound a lot with 20 years interest. They've offered me something similar but don't seem to realise I paid it all back.

Take a look at the page 5 of my thread and learn from my mistakes.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452246-Caro-v-Yorkshire-Bank-for-PPI/page5

Send a sar too and tell them you want ALL info. There are templates in the cag library or the ico website.

Keep everything in writing.

If you want to upload your letter that's fine.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Doesn't sound a lot with 20 years interest. They've offered me something similar but don't seem to realise I paid it all back.

Take a look at the page 5 of my thread and learn from my mistakes.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452246-Caro-v-Yorkshire-Bank-for-PPI/page5

Send a sar too and tell them you want ALL info. There are templates in the cag library or the ico website.

Keep everything in writing.

If you want to upload your letter that's fine.

Hi caro, thanks for replying - it was actually your thread that I was reading! As I can't even remember how much the loans were for, I think a SAR would help me a lot, even just to see the loan agreements!

I'll scan & load up my letter today, hopefully it'll be of use :)

BL

ll your help

A sar won't necessarily provide the loan agreements. The info I have so far all comes from current account statements and it's clear how much the ppi is, but not the interest rate or amount.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A sar won't necessarily provide the loan agreements. The info I have so far all comes from current account statements and it's clear how much the ppi is, but not the interest rate or amount.

Ah, so the PPI shows as a seperate transaction on the bank statement? I'll send the SAR tomorrow anyway, and specifically ask to include loan agreements & bank statements.

Cheers

BL

ll your help

The original amount yes, but the payments are combined with the loan payments, so you'll need to work out what proportion of the payment is for the loan, and what proportion is for ppi.

There's a full explanation in the stickys above.