Link financial services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

First of all, I'd like to say thanks for all the threads on here. It's been really good to read.

I bailed out on some Credit Card debt about 6 years ago this summer - I'm not exactly sure when.

Today I received a letter from Link Financial Serviced addressed to me at my parent's house in the UK where I haven't lived for almost 20 years now. They're forwarding me the unopened letter.

I'm just wondering what to do: the debt itself should be almost expired, so I don't really want to have any dealings with the company. But I also don't really want my parents involved as they're now elderly, and don't know that I walked away from the debt.

I've lived in Spain for the last 9 years, but always paid through my UK bank account (until I stopped paying), so they're not aware that I'm not even in the UK.

Is there anyway I can get my name removed from their database? I gather that calling them isn't a good idea.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks!

Edited by smudgerbcn

Welcome to cag.

First of all, what did the letter say. Also what debt are they chasing and when was the last payment made to it.

Link are the biggest fleecers out there and rarely chase enforceable debts.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks Renegadeimp!

I don't know yet: It hasn't been opened... (It's being send to Spain from the UK, so I won't get it until after Easter weekend)

I was wondering if I should open it, or return to sender as not known at this address.

First thing you need to do IF the debt is enforceable is to give them your new address. As they COULD gain a CCJ by default.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You'll need to excuse my naivety here: how can I find out if the debt is enforceable? The only information I have is that it's a credit card I took out in about 2004. I can't even remember the name of the credit card now. It was purple and possibly from Hallifax.

As I live in Spain, and don't have much intention to return to the UK (to live), would a CCJ have much impact on me?

Find out the last date you paid it. Chances are its Statute barred, but link wont know or care. They just want the money and will usually try their luck in court if they think they can get a judgement by default.

CCJ will only have an impact if you are in the UK, but link are known for getting a judgement then trying their luck with enforcement orders, such as bailiffs or other means. Thats why i said to check the status of the debt, and if you want, update link with your address so they stop harassing your parents.

Open the letter once received ..see what nonsense it states ...then consider sending them a CCA Section 77/78 (subject to what type of debt it is and how old it is or when you last made payment/acknowledged it) as you seem to know which debt it is it and that it may be soon expired.

That should be the last you hear from them.

Template is in our Library

Andy

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread